Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 4/20/2016 12:32:31 AM EDT
Putting my finger on the trigger after a slide cycle or from safety to fire there is a click in the trigger. A ever so slightly clicks. Only with the hammer cocked. New to me. Not use to the DA/SA yet lol. So I might just be overreacting. Any ideas on what causes this?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got that too on mine.  I'm thinking its the trigger bar riding against the frame and finally "popping" up after getting a little more clearance.

I'm thinking a quick polish on the outside of the trigger bar may solve this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got that too on mine.  I'm thinking its the trigger bar riding against the frame and finally "popping" up after getting a little more clearance.

I'm thinking a quick polish on the outside of the trigger bar may solve this.
View Quote

Ok so it is normal. It was weird to me when I was fondling it when I got it home. As long as it doesn't jam up on me I can get over it lol
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Was odd the first couple times it clicked after just barely touching the trigger.

I'll try the polish-job tonight/sometime soon and get back to you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It not the trigger bar pull the slide off look at the back in front of the hammer slowly pull the trigger as the hammer comes back a metal piece falls and clicks into place putting the hammer in an 1/8 cock position
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It not the trigger bar pull the slide off look at the back in front of the hammer slowly pull the trigger as the hammer comes back a metal piece falls and clicks into place putting the hammer in an 1/8 cock position
View Quote

Looking at it just now I see that when it is in fire there is a metal bar that sticks up that prevents the slide from going on. So it either has to be on safe or in DA to put slide on. It probably has something to do with safety why it clicks. It ain't that big of a deal really
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine does that too.  It's never affected function at all.
Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#7]
it's the trigger bar sliding into place on the FCG :)
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine did it too and it annoyed me to no end. A pistol that costs $1k shouldn't have something like that, regardless if it affects performance or not. Love FN products but this one has since been replaced.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mine did it too and it annoyed me to no end. A pistol that costs $1k shouldn't have something like that, regardless pf if it affects performance or not. Love FN products but this one has since been replaced.
View Quote

A resetting trigger bar caused you to sell a gun?

Did you ever just take the slide off and operate it to see how it works?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

No that's some type of stop. For decocking, so the hammer never even touches the firing pin I think.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
it's the trigger bar. I can show you. I've tried filing mine a little and polishing it so it just slips into place, but it still wants to do it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:13:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Is this the click you're talking about?

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine did it too and it annoyed me to no end. A pistol that costs $1k shouldn't have something like that, regardless of if it affects performance or not. Love FN products but this one has since been replaced.

No, the words written in my post do not mean or imply that. Reading comp can be tough though, try it again. And no, I've never field-stripped a pistol. I have no clue how a trigger works or what a "slide" is. What is its function on a pistol such as the FNX?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:45:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, the words written in my post do not mean or imply that. Reading comp can be tough though, try it again. And no, I've never field-stripped a pistol. I have no clue how a trigger works or what a "slide" is. What is its function on a pistol such as the FNX?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine did it too and it annoyed me to no end. A pistol that costs $1k shouldn't have something like that, regardless of if it affects performance or not. Love FN products but this one has since been replaced.

LOL. Sensitive.

I can see how a resetting trigger bar made you so upset.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

LOL. Sensitive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Sensitive.

Quick trigger, lots of pop, long reset. My apologies.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top