Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 3/13/2016 1:14:32 PM EDT
Thinking about buying an FNX .45, but I'll probably have to do so from an online vendor, and won't be able to actually hold it until it's mine.  I did have access to a FNP .45 and was wondering if the grip/ergos are any different on the newer FNX?  TIA!
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Externally they are the same pistol.

Some FNP's had a de-cocker only option but all FNX's have a safety and de-cocker. Some barrel differences to address the FNP not feeding commercial ammo well. Remember the FNP was a designed to use NATO spec .45ACP ammo for the military, the FNX is an update that made it more commercial friendly.

The magazines are different but if you do enough digging I guess they do work with each other after all, I don't remember which gun but one of them won't drop the others mags free though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, looks like I need to place my order!
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
As stated above you really can't tell the difference if they are side by side.
The only major difference is the mags.
When the FNX was new, spare mags were very hard to find so some people would use FNP mags in their FNX.
They fit very loose so I never fired it that way.
FNX mags will not fit in the FNP.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top