Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2016 12:55:05 AM EDT
I haven't found consistent information on the dimensions of the FNS-9C 9mm.  Not even the FN site states height or width.  Below are the IDPA size rules for BUG.  I'm pretty sure this pistol clears barrel length, overall length and weight.  I'm not sure about height (with smallest flush mag and picky extension mag) or width.  Also, is the pinky extension mag extend more then 1" from the bottom of the grip?

8.2.6.6.1.4 Barrel length of 3.60” (91.4 mm) or less.
8.2.6.6.1.5 The unloaded firearm with the heaviest magazine must weigh 29.00 oz. (822.1 grams) or
less.
8.2.6.6.1.6 The firearm with the largest magazine inserted must fit in the IDPA gun test box
measuring 7 1/4” x 5 1/2” x 1 3/8” (184.2 mm x 139.7 mm x 34.9 mm.)
8.2.6.6.1.7 Magazine length (tubes plus base pad) that extend no more than 1.0” (25.4 mm) beyond
the bottom of the grip.

I used to have a full size and long slide FNS-9, but got tired of waiting for trigger enhancements and sold them off.  But I felt an FNS-9C trigger and I thought it was pretty good.  I've always loved the feel of the FNS-9 pistols in my hand and this compact one again fits my hand better then M&P 9c, XDM Mod 2, G26 and others.  If I got one, it would be for carry, but it would be nice to know if it was IDPA BUG legal in size.  I'm currently using a Shield for that but this is substantially bigger.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Mine weighs exactly 1.75lbs. with shortest mag loaded with 10 rounds of Winchester Defend.  It'll definitely pass the weight test with the extended mag unloaded.

I measure 1.311" at the slide lock lever, 1.345" at the manual safety.

4.593" with shortest magazine (loaded) from top of rear sight to bottom of magazine.

5.215" with pinky extension mag.

5.553" with longest magazine in... it might squeeze in the box if they're not too picky and let the magazine be pushed in against the spring tension of the follower.

The pinky extension mag is shy of 1" below the grip...just barely.  Slide forward and spring tension put it at approximately .975" below.  Slide open it lets the mag insert further.  But it busts the 1" spec with the longest magazine in at 1.345" below the grip.

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top