Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2015 10:21:24 AM EDT
Been trying to find a FNX-9 locally to put my hands on but nothing.

How does the pistol carry CCW?

Any issues with it? Comparable to what other brands in size, reliability etc?

Pics?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Since you haven't gotten any replies yet, I'll say that I have an fnp9, which is the precursor handgun to the fnx and is still my favorite handgun after all these years.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The FNX9 is a great gun, but it's not small.  CCW might be a reach.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a glock 17 frame with a 19 slide. It's big. The FNS compact is legit for carry.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a glock 17 frame with a 19 slide. It's big. The FNS compact is legit for carry.
View Quote

I would compare it to a glock 19 vs a 17. Held one last night the grip in my hand ended where the 19 does.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:07:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I like my Glock's but the FNX 9 is my favorite due to the DS/SA and the hammer. I just like hammer fired pistols better than striker fired.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like the ergos and accuracy of the FNX-9.  It is definitely a full size pistol and a bit on the thick side.  Excellent trigger in SA, heavy but manageable in DA.  USP style safety/decocker. Good lockup and better than usual accuracy.

I don't have many rounds with the pistol; but it does cncern me that several reviewers had parts breakage problems in less than 1000 rounds.  Other than that and being thickish/large sized for CCW, it would be way up there on my list of favorite pistols.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I sometimes carry FNX-9 and I have few holsters for it.

Raven Concealment to accommodate a light and this one has a blackstrap. I also bought another Raven Concealment without the blackstrap. Don't have picture of it yet.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I've owned an FNX-9 for just over a year.  For what I'm used to, I had a heck of a time getting adjusted to the combat sights.  That stated, I've sent a couple thousand rounds down the pipe without a single issue.  It's accurate and reliable.  I've been considering going to night-sights before making it my go-to carry-gun.

-Aaron McCartan
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like mine but I *am* having trouble with the safety--I use a high grip and it digs into the first knuckle of my firing hand's thumb. Is there a good fix for this? I've considered sanding it down but I'm not very "shop skilled." If it wasn't for the safety I'd say it was just about perfect for me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like mine but I *am* having trouble with the safety--I use a high grip and it digs into the first knuckle of my firing hand's thumb. Is there a good fix for this? I've considered sanding it down but I'm not very "shop skilled." If it wasn't for the safety I'd say it was just about perfect for me.
View Quote

This is why I ended up trading off my FNX9.  I loved it but it always dug into my thumb.  I saw online where some sanded the plastic.  It never looked like a good option to me.  David
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top