Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2015 8:03:57 PM EDT
This high power popped up on armslist tonight.  Seller says it was made in 77'.  Were all of the high powers blued?  It looks to me like the slide and frame has been duracoated or cerakoted, but I know nothing about high powers

4825019_02_browning_fn_hi_power_640 by Adam C, on Flickr" />

4825019_01_browning_fn_hi_power_640 by Adam C, on Flickr" />

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO, that gun has been re coated. I don't know what, but that ain't it's original finish.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IMO, that gun has been re coated. I don't know what, but that ain't it's original finish.

View Quote

Thanks.  They were asking $575, but not having the original finish kills the value IMO
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Years ago I had an late 70's FN High Power, the finish was more of a baked on black rather than blued.

You'll find examples of WWII High powers both blued and parkerized.

The finish on the MKIII I currently have is what Browning calls polished blue.

One thing which is noticeable is that the magazine disconnect has been removed, you can tell by the missing roll pin in the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Definitely been refinished.  Looks like someone also smoothed all the edges out too.  

ETA:  Safety is also not original.  I bet it was an Israeli gun someone refibished.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like definite refinish.  Edges have been knocked off.  Mag safety looks to be gone and a few MkIII parts added.  I would guess that was a beat up surplus model brought back to life.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Late to reply but there were a ton of those for sale for $250 to $350 last year that had all kinds of rust on them like the were in humid storage and got  wet.  It looks like someone cleaned one up and refinished it.  David
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top