Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2015 8:41:51 PM EDT
I'm waiting on the form 4 for an Osprey 45.  I've been looking at the fnx tactical as a host.  Found one locally for $950 with 6 mags.  Looks like that's a fair price.  Obviously posting in the FN forum I'll hear plenty of praise.  Are there any cons whether big or small about the pistol?  It's an FDE model.  How about some of the big pros?
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had one for about a year. It's an amazing weapon. Accurate, ergonomic and taticool as fuck.

But I digress, it's huge. It's not a EDC weapon. I trust it on the night stand but wouldn't carry it anywhere. An AAC TiRant with a wet shot makes for a quiet string of fire.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got other pistols for carrying.  It would be mostly for plinking or maybe in a shoulder holster while out in the woods.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got the FNX-45 Tactical in FDE/TAN and I've also got the FNX-45 in Black with Trijicon HD night sights. Great guns! :)

I actually conceal carry either of them in Raven Phantom IWB holster without any issues if I've got a hoodie or a jacket on but I'm a large guy.

Been thinking about selling the black FNX-45 though, I really don't need two of them.

I paid $900.00 used for the FNX-45T and $500.00 used for the FNX-45 plus the Trijicon HD's were another $99.95 shipped (open package, never used, normally $160.00) so I've got $600.00 into that. Figure with what I got the the HD's for, I won't loose anything if I sell. Both guns look damn near brand new.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I've received mine earlier this month and so far I love my FNX 45 tactical black. It's a great house for my octane 45 HD. Overall I'm a lefty so having the pistol set up to be ambidextrous is a godsend for me. It has a great finish 15 rounds of 45 and it runs like a champ eating up reloads quality brass and the cheapest 45 I can find aluminum casing. I don't think you will go wrong with it either it's very aftermarket friendly when it comes to accessories. The trigger is good as it is for a combat scenario. I wouldn't make it a competition done either, but if you had to OWB in the woods then you can't go wrong with it. For a defensive load l use HST 45 ACP + P to get the job done. Also word on the street is that 460 rowland is coming out with a conversion kit in the future. Hopefully we can spur them along to you speed the process up.

Also i can't for get, it comes with factory night sights and they show up nicely when shooting. not dim not to bright.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.  I just wanted some reassurance before I drop 950 on a pistol.  The price isn't great but it's not too bad considering the 6 mags.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks.  I just wanted some reassurance before I drop 950 on a pistol.  The price isn't great but it's not too bad considering the 6 mags.
View Quote
That's a good deal from what I've seen IMO. I paid $1050 new for mine with a first responsder discount. You'll love it I'm sure. I love mine, it will be my nightstand gun when my Octane 45 comes in.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I went the same order you did. Had a Osprey in jail and then decided on the FNX. It is a big gun, I'll politely disagree with the first post, it's my EDC. With a crossbreed supertuck, it disappears. My only complaint when first carrying it, the thread protector would rub the pants pocket between my wallet and itself, causing a hole in my jeans. I moved my wallet another pocket and haven't had any problems.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I used one in a two day pistol course and it did great.  Still could fire fast and on target on DA.  Longer shots were much easier using SA than the guys using Glocks.  And it still can run with the 9mms reload wise.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have it for a great price. I paid 1045 for mines and you got 3 extra mags to boot. Also I forgot to mention in my last post that the hand grip is adjustable as well it comes with 3 extra back straps to adjust for the size. So what do you have small hands or very large hands like myself it will work out just fine for you. Just make sure make sure it comes with all that, so you don't the order from the factory
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the older FNP Tac, and love the gun.  

Very accurate, smooth shooting, and feels good even in my medium sized hands.  

Tailor made for supressor use, with it's high sights, and threaded barrel.

Get, shoot, enjoy.

Oh, brand new, the action spring was very tight, and some of the brass was weakly ejected and hit me in the head.  Lock the slide back between range trips, and shoot a few boxes of ammo, and it'll soften up, and you won't have that problem.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 12:35:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be picking it up in 8 hours.  Looking forward to a range trip Sunday with it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 2:52:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Not the tac version, but love my FNP45. Big gun, but super nice to shoot, after the break in. Hates WWB ammo. Eventually sent all 5 of my mags back to FN. (problems with SAAMI sp? specs, hence why you see FNX, not FNP )

Wouldn't hesitate even with the issues I had picking up a FNX45, when funds permit.

Also, don't be surprised if sending a mag home causes the slide to go back into battery.
Point your stick in a safe direction, you'll be fine.

ps.
FN I hate you,

whai you no hab my ps90 trigger packs
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Picked it up Saturday.  This thing is sweet.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I carried the pistol while I was out hunting yesterday.  I found the thread protector likes to unscrew and have to tighten it every magazine.  What is everyone doing to solve this?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I carried the pistol while I was out hunting yesterday.  I found the thread protector likes to unscrew and have to tighten it every magazine.  What is everyone doing to solve this?
View Quote

Dab of blue loctite or a couple wraps of Teflon tape.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
I just hand tighten it pretty good and it's good. What out for the thread protector to eat through pants. Mine would rub against my back pocket and wallet when I sat down. Switched pockets for the wallet and it doesn't seem to do that anymore.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Blue loctite fixed mine right up, it's almost too tight to get off by hand, at least want gloves on. But I covered it in blue, so you might do a little less if you want.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top