Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2015 5:37:29 PM EDT
Well I bit the bullet and now I'm joining the FN clan. My octane 45 HD  tax stamp came in yesterday. So now tomorrow I'm going to pick it up. The only thing now is waiting for my FNX 45 tactical to arrive here. That will probably next week. I am NOT a fan of the whole RMR site on the pistol. But I'm wondering what else can I do to  enhance the performance of my  FNX?

Lastly do they make any aftermarket parts for the FNX or is it just fine as is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I was very excited about trying a red dot on mine, bought a used FastFire 3 to try it out, so far I'm not liking it either and am about ready to pull it off. It is slower for me than the irons, and I actually hit less with the dot than the irons for some reason. I wonder if my FF has bad paralax or something, I practically have to line up the irons anyway before the dot matches POI.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The only advantage of a red dot imo is slow, accurate shots. Since its on the slide and the slide moves it's kind of awkward and slower then irons. Now when there is a frame mount, like on an open gun, that's a different story.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top