Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 9/19/2015 5:04:03 PM EDT
I have had my eye on the FNX Tactical for a while but just can't ever seem to find one (besides the guy from MO on GB selling lots of them) in a store.  Lately I became aware of issues they had with not working in heat and being flexible in heat, but most posts are from '11-'13 with nothing recent.

Is it safe to buy one now?  Are the trigger and soft plastic issues fixed?  Unfortunately searching google brings up a lot of stuff, mostly on the FN forums but I don't feel like joining over there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#1]
They are good to go.  I have many rounds through an FNX40 and FNX 45 as well as an FNS 9. One of my favorite shooters.

I remember the heat issue that you are referring to and I purchased my FNX 40 back then and I couldn't replicate the issue. Either way FN has reportedly "fixed" whatever was causing that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are good to go.  I have many rounds through an FNX40 and FNX 45 as well as an FNS 9. One of my favorite shooters.

I remember the heat issue that you are referring to and I purchased my FNX 40 back then and I couldn't replicate the issue. Either way FN has reportedly "fixed" whatever was causing that.
View Quote

I wonder if this could be an older gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTsFB1ejo8

Maybe the frame flexibility is why they had issues in the heat?
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Isolated incident. Have never seen it before or after this vid.

My FNX .45 Tac has been GTG since day 1.

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
My FNX-45 has never had any issues.  IMHO, that flexi-frame video is and isolated incident or a FN hater hoax.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Never had any issues with the 3 of mine.
And if there was problems, FNH would take care of them

Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#7]
The idea of being able to shoot and acquire targets faster using a red dot on a pistol just seems like a smart idea.  I had one of the early FNPs years ago and liked the grip angle and magazine capacity and now that I am back home in a free state I think its time for an FNX 45 Tactical and RMR and later on, an Osprey.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been looking hard at an Fnx 9. I'm not concerned about reliability. I do not like that it needs to be sent to FN for detail stripping but whatever I can live with that.

I like the FNX 45 tac too but don't like the cost of 45. I've been wanting to experiment with and RMR but there are enough negatives about red dots on a pistol that it makes me leery.

So I say get one. They seem to be very underrated for some reason. The triggers are great and the ergos are good as well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Pretty sure that the squishy grip problem goes away once you put a magazine in the pistol.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Get it, I love mine, 0 issues with it. I am disappointed in the red dot on a pistol thing though, it is actually slower for me, maybe with tons of practice it goes away, but it probably makes more sense for me to go irons only like every other pistol I have
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#11]
FNX Tac owner, thousands of rounds down range and not one issue.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#12]
The FNX squishy magwell video is sketchy. Like previously said, it's either a trick or a One-off issue. My FNX40 magwell is comparable to my gen4 glock 19 magwell in terms of squishyness. Both function 100%
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#13]
No problems here.  Love all 3 of my FNX pistols.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#14]
My fnx tactical has been 100% reliable, no squishy grip here.  Even chappy ammo that that I had previously tried to shoot out of my 1911 I would stick it in the FN guaranteed bang everytime.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Something I noted on the FNX-45's. So I've have 4 of these now. I currently have 3 of them but ONE of my black FNX-45's had a soft frame. I could grip it between my fingers and squeeze it together something like that but not as far as that video. I believe the hot sun was the difference, I never left mine anywhere it could get hot like that.

My second black model that I still have, I can NOT do that with. Sure it has flex but nothing like my first one. My FNX-45 Tactical and FNX-45 FDE are flexible also but nothing like that first black one I had or the video.

My guess, it was a certain run of plastic. I don't even know if I would call it "bad" if everything works.

I never had any issues with the one I had that was a little soft. Never had any issues with any of my other ones either.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont think it's isolated. I went to buy one and couldn't get the mag to eject in the store. Come to figure out it was because of the same issue in the video and I was squeezing in the walls. Thats just not acceptable in a defensive weapon.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I dont think it's isolated. I went to buy one and couldn't get the mag to eject in the store. Come to figure out it was because of the same issue in the video and I was squeezing in the walls. Thats just not acceptable in a defensive weapon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well then shame on the FFL for even having it on display. What does he expect to do with it other than have it take up space in his display case. Perhaps that's why it seems like an isolated incident to me, because every FFL I have seen one at has had a functional one. Like I said, mine has been G2G since day 1.

YMMV
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I will say that in pretty extreme heat and humidity it does seem to flex a bit. But its nothing like the video. Its not that extreme. And it doesn't effect reloads at all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 2:22:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My FNX-45 has never had any issues.  IMHO, that flexi-frame video is and isolated incident or a FN hater hoax.
View Quote

That isn't my video and I'm not an FN-hater - far from it - but my FNX 45 flexs the same way in the same spot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That isn't my video and I'm not an FN-hater - far from it - but my FNX 45 flexs the same way in the same spot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you should probably get an RMA and send it in

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#21]
My FNX-45 is about as stiff as my Glock 17 grip, probably even more so. But it is an FDE and I haven't left in the widnow of a hot vehicle or anything like that

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bought it on a whim to suppress it and then went a different direction. Not worth the hassle at this point.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Mine has been flawless so far
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Bought it on a whim to suppress it and then went a different direction. Not worth the hassle at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having had FN work on my pistols before, I can tell you that it's very little hassle.  Just call them, tell them the problem and send it in.  They'll give you a label and you can ship it directly to them.  They will ship it back to your home.  And, if it's anything like my experience, you'll just get a brand new gun.  Not a bad deal for 10 minutes of your time.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Nvm
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Having had FN work on my pistols before, I can tell you that it's very little hassle.  Just call them, tell them the problem and send it in.  They'll give you a label and you can ship it directly to them.  They will ship it back to your home.  And, if it's anything like my experience, you'll just get a brand new gun.  Not a bad deal for 10 minutes of your time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing FNH CS story. I sold it today to my buddy and he wasn't too concerned about it. I will pass on the info though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:12:54 AM EDT
[#27]
They treated me very well the two times that I had to deal with them.  I can't say anything bad about my experience.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#28]
mine would drop free mags without issue, but then 6 months just sitting in the safe, the mags would hang up.  FN never told me the solution after they fixed it, but it seemed to be a common issue.  I think as the plastic cured,the dimensions shifted a little.

and the mag well is definitely flexible, maybe not that bad, but its definitely not as stiff as a glock.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top