Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:12:58 AM EDT
This FN forum seems to be dead but I'm curious about the Fnx 9. My buddy has been raving about them and it has me curious. I've handled them and dry fired. The trigger seems great and I like the ergos. I've heard about the safety digging in to the thumb which may be an issue. My only two real concerns are the weight and not being able to detail strip it.

Since it's a full size I wouldn't be ccing it. It'd be a home defense (maybe) and range gun. Maybe try it out for some classes. But it's so light that it seems like the recoil may be greater than some other guns. Not that 9 is ever bad but just like to maximize follow ups and double taps. And in an all day class it can add to fatigue. And then not being able to detail strip. Is that ever a problem with cleaning? Are there any parts in the frame that need to be changed regularly that need to go to FN to be done? Something stupid like a spring?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#1]
FN pistols are some of the most under rated pistols in the industry.  Get one and don't look back.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It's ok.....nothing to rave about, but no serious design flaws either

A good solid pistol that has ran 100% so far

It is one of the pistols that I drag to the range when I am trying to help a new or less experienced shooter choose a handgun

All in all, this pistol has earned my blessing and I doubt you will be dissatisfied with it
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my FNX9 and have not had any mechanical issues with it at all.  My only complaints are that the mags are really expensive and the aftermarket for it is pretty weak for it.  It is pretty light and not super big for being a "full size".  It's about the same size as my G19 and I conceal it just fine in a tshirt.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
just dont leave it in the sun
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
FN is definitely FO

the grip is pretty aggressive....get a cover for it or wear gloves if you plan to shoot extensively

I am holding out for the FNS-9C
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw that YouTube video going around. That's pretty retarded.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't seen that duplicated, I wouldn't worry.  FNX9 and 45 are my next two handguns.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#8]
1 - you can detail strip it, though, that is not needed for routine maintenance.

2 - I would think a heavy gun would lead to more fatigue than a light one? Because of the ergos, the recoil is very minimal and easily managed.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top