Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 8/8/2015 12:12:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine doesn't do that but mine has the FDE frame.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen a little "flex" but nothing like the video.  I think it is staged, I.e. the user did something to the polymer, or it is one of the airsoft pistols.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you ever had it out in 100+ degree heat and direct sunlight?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I have wrapped mine with 340°F Kydex and pressed it with ~1,000# of force and never distorted mine...

Though, I do have a mag loaded with dummy round in it when I do that....
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have wrapped mine with 340°F Kydex and pressed it with ~1,000# of force and never distorted mine...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I made my kydex holster, I didn't have a mag in mine and it defiantly smashed the grip.
I heated the grip slightly with a heat gun and put a mag in, working it side to side, until the mag would drop free.
It most defiantly is a problem.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
FNX 45T FDE owner here and although there is play side to side if you really squeeze, there is zero flex front to back, and certainly nothing like the video.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When I made my kydex holster, I didn't have a mag in mine and it defiantly smashed the grip.

I heated the grip slightly with a heat gun and put a mag in, working it side to side, until the mag would drop free.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That will happen with any polymer grip pistol. Not FN specific. Glocks, S&W, Springfield... you name it. They will all deform if used to press a holster without a mag in the grip.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top