Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 4/26/2015 6:16:13 PM EDT
So I got a chance to shoot this weapon for the first time the other day.  I was impressed.  

I have been a Sig fanboy for my entire LEO Career, and I will shed a tear a we go away from the Sig P226/P229.  But I could get used to this weapon.  

Would like to hear more from those who have shot it, and pros v. cons.   It will be a few years before I probably get issued one, so I may buy one in the meantime.  

And tell me more about the FNS-Compact.  I will buy one definately as a BUG, so want to know more.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
post some pics dangit!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Next time at the range I promise.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#3]
What do you want to know?

I have been shooting them for a few years. Very reliable pistols.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So I got a chance to shoot this weapon for the first time the other day.  I was impressed.  

I have been a Sig fanboy for my entire LEO Career, and I will shed a tear a we go away from the Sig P226/P229.  But I could get used to this weapon.  
Would like to hear more from those who have shot it, and pros v. cons.   It will be a few years before I probably get issued one, so I may buy one in the meantime.  

And tell me more about the FNS-Compact.  I will buy one definately as a BUG, so want to know more.  

View Quote
Interesting that the AZ DPS went with the FNS. Awesome that they went with it in .40 S&W!

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The birthday fairy was very good to me.   Took it out and shot it yesterday at the range.  

Range report:  As a left handed shooter, I am very pleased with this weapon, as it is very user friendly, and completely ambidextrous. I really like this gun for the tactile feel, the night sights and sights themselves are great, and it is very accurate.  Shooting a tad right, I may do a rear sight adjustment.  

Downsides:  

1.  I have to change my grip to account for the slide lock on both sides.  My thumb is riding it, and I did not get the lock back on an empty chamber several times.  When I moved my thumb slightly off, do issues.  I will work on this now, so when I get my issued full size, this will not be a problem.

2.  I am having an issue with the magazine release.  On the Sig, the button is very prominent, and very easy to manipulate.  The FNC has a release that is much more subtle, and I had a hard time getting the magazines to drop free, I am having to grip and rip on the magazine.  This might be that my large marge hands are hitting the side of the magazine on the compact.  I talked to another instructor who currently carries an FNC-40L, and he said I need to change how I am hitting the release with my thumb.  Will take some getting used to and practice after 15 years of practice.  

But considering the alternative of the M&P, Glock 34, or this, I am very happy with the FNC.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both the full size fns40 and the fns40c. The full size drops mags as it should. The compacts doesn't drop mags as easy especially on empty. On a different forum someone said something arounds the lines of FN designed it that way because the compact was made for conceal carry and didn't want the user to accidentally press on the release and drop a mag. According to the other forum member that statement came from FN. I call bull shit and someone just screwed up. Other than that I think they are great guns. enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have both the full size fns40 and the fns40c. The full size drops mags as it should. The compacts doesn't drop mags as easy especially on empty. On a different forum someone said something arounds the lines of FN designed it that way because the compact was made for conceal carry and didn't want the user to accidentally press on the release and drop a mag. According to the other forum member that statement came from FN. I call bull shit and someone just screwed up. Other than that I think they are great guns. enjoy.
View Quote

I have found that the mag release is designed different on each.  I am actually going to replace the mag release on the compact, and see if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

post some pics dangit!
View Quote

Here they are!!!

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top