Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 4/11/2015 1:00:04 PM EDT
Non battery amber or LED red dot?

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Non battery amber or LED red dot?

View Quote
led red dot. These have a battery life of between  up to 2 years. For how Infrequently you have to change battery plus the fact that they are always on regardless of the surrounding illumination, it's a no-brainer
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the RMR 06 so you can adjust the brightness on the fly. The dual illuminated one washes out in bright sunlight.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the the dual illuminated version and like it. I've never really had much issue with washout in my use.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the RMR 06 so you can adjust the brightness on the fly. The dual illuminated one washes out in bright sunlight.

http://i.imgur.com/ev0ubun.jpg
View Quote

Would that be the yellow or green one that washes out? I know the yellow will definitely wash out under sodium streetlights, found that out with a TSN01.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

i compared the RMR06 and the Green Dual Illuminated today.

Inside the Dual Illuminated was very dim and very difficult to pick up even standing directly underneath a light fixture.

The RMR06 on the other hand was very bright inside and outside even on a low setting.  This is the one i will be going with.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely get the RM06 as the LED will not wash out when shooting from a dark setting into a bright targeted area.

Botach has the RM06 on sale for $469 shipped, which is one heck of a price.

http://www.botach.com/trijicon-rm06-rmr-reflex-red-dot-sight-adjustable-led-3-25-moa/
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget the 06 has auto brightness feature. Lot's of people don't realize it but it's great.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I was in this situation recently and here was my summary. The LED has a much clearer viewing window thanks to the need for less tint due to the brighter battery powered dot. The FO version is pretty purple, thus I opted for the battery RMR. It has had a lot of issues with the dot turning off while shooting. One shot it will be on, the next off. A mag later it will come back on, etc. I am told this may be a battery connection and/or seal issue, and some others who have had the same issue reported some success at remedying it by sending it in, or bending the contact/sealing the optic.

Either way, it is an issue that seems to be pretty prevalent on pistols as opposed to rifles (though this could be because RMRs are largely used on pistols rather than rifles. If you intend to use this pistol in a defensive capacity it's something you may want to keep in mind. The trade off is the FO version is sometimes difficult to pickup in low light, so you may have to choose between electrical reliability issues or reticle visibility issues. I will say that when it decides to cooperate it does help for that extra degree of precision. I don't feel that much faster with it, but that's probably because I don't operationally operate enough dynamic high-speed tactical drills, or drive the weapon platform hard enough while sitting on my sofa or whatever. For reference mine is the 6.5 adjustable LED.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is the dot  typically cowitnessed with the front sight or is thay just the picture angle?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:20:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is the dot  typically cowitnessed with the front sight or is thay just the picture angle?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the RM07.  Yes, it co-witnessed when you set it up for point of aim = point of impact.  But because its a red dot you can angle the gun slightly, move your head position a little and it will still hit point of aim point of impact without having the distraction of the co-witness.  The dot sits slightly above the front sight when you do it this way.  It works really well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you carried this?  I previously owned a non adjustable LED RMR Due to recommendations it doesn't get turned off when carrying... That said I'd like an adjustable to shut it off and shoot irons on a gun like the FNX 45 tactical which I do not consider to be a carry gun. Lol
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top