Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 3/23/2015 12:14:56 AM EDT
First of all, I basically stole it at a price I paid for it as you see it here...

Now, I didn't realize when I came home that it was an FNP and not an FNX, and I'm not quite sure what the difference is anyways. I'm not an FN guy. This is my first FN gun.

Third, its missing the RMR mount top cover, and I'm not sure where to buy one.

Any thoughts, or help would be great. Thanks.

Ohh, and btw.... This thing is AWESOME!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:09:44 AM EDT
[#1]
By RMR top mount cover, do you mean the slide plate that would fill in the slot if you didn't have an RMR installed?

If so, http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/F515660202
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Slap a suppressor on it like the Osprey .45 and you will be so happy.  Its a beast, and heavy but it shoots like nothing else.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By RMR top mount cover, do you mean the slide plate that would fill in the slot if you didn't have an RMR installed?

If so, http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/F515660202
View Quote

Correct. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]
FNP is still a good gun. The mags are a bit sensitive to longer rounds, and some people had trouble with the trigger pin walking out.

I have thousands of rounds through mine without any issues.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]

The FNX has a different barrel with a different feed ramp angle to better support the chambered round.

The FNP is still +P Rated.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#6]
The FNP doesn't have a supported chamber and the FNX does. I just bought an FNX tactical in FDE with trijicon RMR, X300 ultra and 5 mags in unfired condition for 1475. Not a bad deal considering all the accessories. Just need my ti-rant to get out of NFA jail yo have some fun.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The FNP doesn't have a supported chamber and the FNX does. I just bought an FNX tactical in FDE with trijicon RMR, X300 ultra and 5 mags in unfired condition for 1475. Not a bad deal considering all the accessories. Just need my ti-rant to get out of NFA jail yo have some fun.
View Quote

that's a really good deal, I paid 1K for just the gun before taxes and thought I did well.

Just checked gun watcher, apparently 1K is about the going rate on internet sales.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

My FNP Tact threaded barrel does have a supported chamber.  A few of the earlier ones are not, but there are plenty of FNP's out there that run flawlessly.  I'm not trying to be hard on you, but I also do not want OP to be discouraged with his purchase either.

^Good deal you got - these are a lot of fun shooting suppressed
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]
FNP-45s are still +P rated and have more support than you'd typically find, but the FNX has a lot more support.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top