Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 2/12/2015 5:04:10 AM EDT
Hey guys, was watching some SHOT show footage of the FN booth and one of the guys said that the FNS C has a chrome lined barrel?! I couldn't find info about that on FN's webpage but several articles online say that they do. So I opened up my FNS and looked in and sure as hell the damn thing looks like it has a coating, really similar in appearance to the chrome inside of the bolt channel in the bolt carrier on an AR.

Why do they not make a bigger deal about things like that? The more I look into FN the better it gets.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure about it being chromed lined, but I do know the barrels are cold hammer forged.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
FN web site says stainless.  The barrel in my FNS looks pretty stainless to me.  Would they chrome line a stainless barrel to make it mo betta?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I just want the gun to hurry up and get popular so I can get more aftermarket stuff for it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just want the gun to hurry up and get popular so I can get more aftermarket stuff for it.
View Quote

With the popularity of the FNS 9C hopefully it does.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:52:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure it will pickup. I just want more options for sights and holsters really, that's all I would like to change or add.

BUT I did send an email to FN about the chrome lined barrel bit, hopefully we hear back from them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm sure it will pickup. I just want more options for sights and holsters really, that's all I would like to change or add.

BUT I did send an email to FN about the chrome lined barrel bit, hopefully we hear back from them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trijicon HD's and Bravo Concealment are what you seek, my friend.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer INCOG for ccw holster and g code makes them for the fns 9 in all three sizes.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top