Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2015 9:30:45 AM EDT
Currently have the FNS9 on layaway from Buds, but am thinking about changing the order to the 9C since they just got them in.  I think it would be better to have the C since it would essentially be both guns in one.  Plus the C would be much better than the full size for CCW.

What do you guys think?  Would you do the same?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If the purpose of the gun is ccw, then get the C.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah that will be it's purpose.  

Pretty much what I'm thinking, but wasn't sure if anyone uses an FNS 9 or 40 as their carry piece and if it is that difficult to pull off.   I have shot the FNS 40 and liked it a lot, which lead me to getting the FNS 9, but then I saw the compact was out and thought it would be better just to go with that instead.

I guess ultimately, the 17 round mag with the extension makes it a full size gun if I would desire that configuration.  

The C should be the better choice.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 1:15:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
+1  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1  

+1

I have the full size and my next purchase will be the C.  I saw the black one in my LGS and fell in love!
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't bought a IWB holster for my FNS-9 yet, but it is very similar in size to my XD-9's. I can carry them concealed without any issues. Compacts have never offered enough size savings to be worth it to me, at least when carrying using the pinky extension on a compact. Same width and only 1/2" shorter barrel.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#6]
After speaking with customer service at Bud's today, they notified me that I could change my order but would lose my initial deposit I put down to place the FNS 9 on layaway.  Since I don't really feel like throwing nearly $50 away I decided to go with the FNS 9. Just have to get ahold of my FFL tomorrow to make the transfer.

With a good holster I don't believe it will be a problem carrying it as my CCW.  I have been looking at the Panther concealment OWB holsters and either a White Hat or another Crossbreed ST as an IWB option.  

Can't wait to get my hands on this baby!  
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry my FNS 4" OWB during the winter months with no problem at all

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt117/bobapunk/NICKydex%20Holsters/20150125_080626_zpsixfer8xn.jpg
View Quote

Nice looking setup!

Thanks for the pic!

How much cant do you have on that holster?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Nice looking setup!

Thanks for the pic!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt117/bobapunk/NICKydex%20Holsters/20150125_080626_zpsixfer8xn.jpg

Nice looking setup!

Thanks for the pic!

I don't know exactly... Enough to keep the butt from printing profusely?

The belt loops are adjustable so you can make it work for you.

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Picked up my FNS 9 from the LGS yesterday and I'm glad I chose to stick with the full sized FNS.  I forgot since last shooting my cousin's FNS 40 that they are almost the perfect size for what I like.  I'm not a huge fan of micro guns as I can't seem to get used to gripping them and would rather have a larger gun for better grip.  This thing seems perfect!  

Can't wait to get out and shoot it soon to see how she performs in my hands.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Picked up my FNS 9 from the LGS yesterday and I'm glad I chose to stick with the full sized FNS.  I forgot since last shooting my cousin's FNS 40 that they are almost the perfect size for what I like.  I'm not a huge fan of micro guns as I can't seem to get used to gripping them and would rather have a larger gun for better grip.  This thing seems perfect!  

View Quote

Sounds like it worked out well for you then.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far it has. We'll see how it carries and shoots, but I have little doubt that it will work out just fine.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Although this is my first post, I just wanted to recommend Panther Concealment. I am not associated with them I just truly like their products and customer service. Below is a link to the website, just email them right from the site and get a dialogue with Jim. He may recommend a specific cant for you. My two Panthers (  xd.40SC and current carry FNS9) both have a 15 degree cant and with a good gun belt snug my gun up tight to the waist. Try them, I don't think you will be disappointed

http://pantherconcealment.com/

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I finger banged an FNS-9 long slide today at the NRA conference

SO FUCKING WANT
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

SO FUCKING WANT
View Quote

Get you one.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Get you one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SO FUCKING WANT

Get you one.

I'm thinking bout it.

would have to let go of one of the spare 17's
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

SO FUCKING WANT
View Quote

Replacement for the 34 you used to have?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SO FUCKING WANT

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Finally...a FNS-9L.  I've got one and wouldn't trade it for the world.  Love that thing.  Springer Precision grip?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Finally...a FNS-9L.  I've got one and wouldn't trade it for the world.  Love that thing.  Springer Precision grip?
View Quote

Mine? Talon Grips Granular
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#21]
A FNS9 will likely be my next handgun purchase. I fell in love with the one I looked at.  God Bless
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I have both the full size and the c but in 40 S&W. I like the compact a lot better. I use it as my ccw. The slight difference in size makes a world of a difference.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I have both the full size and the c but in 40 S&W. I like the compact a lot better. I use it as my ccw. The slight difference in size makes a world of a difference.
View Quote

What do you think about the difference in the triggers?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The compact has a crisper reset, other than that I can't see any other differences. Both a little gritty when new, but nothing a few hundred rounds won't take care of.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The compact has a crisper reset, other than that I can't see any other differences. Both a little gritty when new, but nothing a few hundred rounds won't take care of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting...

I have had 2 different 4" FNS (one with safety one without) and both had gritty 6.5-7# triggers.

The 3.6" FNS I have has a relatively smooth 5# trigger...

My 4" pistols are/were early models, I suspect they may have made improvements in the newer ones. The striker assembly in my 3.6" is completely different than any of my other 3 FNS pistols.

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Interesting...

I have had 2 different 4" FNS (one with safety one without) and both had gritty 6.5-7# triggers.

My 4" pistols are/were early models, I suspect they may have made improvements in the newer ones. The striker assembly in my 3.6" is completely different than any of my other 3 FNS pistols.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting...

Both my FN's have the safety option (which I personally like) and I can't say for sure what the trigger pull was when I bought them because I do not a trigger pull gauge. I can say they feel a lot better now although even when new it wasn't all that bad per say to begin with. I'm a big fan of FN and trust they're relaible when an unfortunate event may arise.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top