Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2015 8:34:33 PM EDT
I've owned my FN Tac for about 3 years now, and love it.  Shoots great, accurate, blah blah.

Took it to the range many months ago, no issues, cleaned it, put it away.

Over the weekend I had it out to put a Surefire light on it, played with the trigger, it had a mushy pull, and would not reset.

Remembering the issues some have reported about the trigger pin, I looked at that, and sure enought, the pin was slightly drifted to the left side, causing a hang up with the pin on the frame.

I drifted it back into place with a punch, and it's working fine.

But ...

Now what?

Does the pin start to come out more with wear?

Any fixes on it?

Is the FNX Tac better in this aspect, or the same drifted pin?

Tech responses only please - if you don't like the FN Tac, think FN (or HK, or S&W, or Sig, or Kimber etc) makes junk, etc, please keep that to another thread.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#1]

The same reason is why I made this video:

I emailed FN with my serial # and told them I had trigger pin walk. They sent me the trigger assembly. I'm sure there is probably a factory tool to spread those front rails to remove the locking block., but I'm willing to bet no gunsmith has them either :D

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top