Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 12:47:55 AM EDT
Can you get flat base plates for FNX-45 mags? I would like to get e few black ones if I could find them. I can't even find mags with flat base plates(except 10 rounders)and that is how the FNX-45 is pictured on the FNH website!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm just curious as to why you would want the flat baseplate?

Nothing wrong, I'm just intrigued.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Can you get flat base plates for FNX-45 mags? I would like to get e few black ones if I could find them. I can't even find mags with flat base plates(except 10 rounders)and that is how the FNX-45 is pictured on the FNH website!
View Quote

Want to trade 14rnd base plates for your 15rnd base plates?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine are FDE and I'd like to have flat black base plates.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess it's just because I'm old school and I don't like the way they look or feel. And although I don't use the FNX-45 for CC, I have read that some guys don't like the round base plates because they make a more pronounced shirt/jacket bulge in an OWB holster.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I guess it's just because I'm old school and I don't like the way they look or feel. And although I don't use the FNX-45 for CC, I have read that some guys don't like the round base plates because they make a more pronounced shirt/jacket bulge in an OWB holster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see.  It is an interesting thought.  I like them for the pinky support they give me.  But to each his own.  I am always searching for FN mods so, if I come across something, I'll send it your way.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I see.  It is an interesting thought.  I like them for the pinky support they give me.  But to each his own.  I am always searching for FN mods so, if I come across something, I'll send it your way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if you run across some flat base plates or new 14 round mags.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK. I have several black flat base plates. PM me to work out the details
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The flat base plates should still adequate support for your pinky, unless your hands are Paul Bunyan sized...

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, will do. I'm leaving town for three days, but I will pm you when I get back. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:55:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The flat base plates should still adequate support for your pinky, unless your hands are Paul Bunyan sized...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I have really big hands and the FN grip is so big I am not sure I even touch the magazine.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top