Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:42:08 PM EDT

Absolutely fantastic feel in the hand. Each mag type has a good feel, even the flush fitting mag. VERY compact, very easy to conceal.

Have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Just wish it came with night sights.

Was $500 before tax, $541 out the door. My LGS had 2, and both were sold in a 10 minute span.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
How many fingers can you get on the grip with the flush mag? That first extended base plate looks ridiculously long.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Two, and that's it. There's almost NO space for the pinky.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the pictures. I'm sure someone will make aftermarket pinky extensions. Something just a bit longer than the flush would be nice. Good looking pistol.

EDIT - Proofreading.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the pictures. I'm sure someone will make aftermarket pinky extensions. Something just a bit longer than the flush would be nice. Good looking pistol.

EDIT - Proofreading.
View Quote

Look at the first pic in OP.

It comes with a magazine that has a pinky extension.

Hopefully FN comes with a +2 baseplate like Glock offers, though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

EDIT - Proofreading.

I am hoping for aftermarket pinky extensions that aren't as long as the one in the first picture.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am hoping for aftermarket pinky extensions that aren't as long as the one in the first picture.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EDIT - Proofreading.

Ah, alright. Misunderstood your comment.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice!  I'm super jealous.  I think $500 seems like a reasonable price
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you have any other compact or subcompact guns you come take pics of it with for comparison sake. Like a Glock 26 or M&Pc.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you have any other compact or subcompact guns you come take pics of it with for comparison sake. Like a Glock 26 or M&Pc.
View Quote

Based on the specs it should be pretty much exactly the same size as an M&P compact. Holds 12 rounds like the M&P, and has a 3.6" barrel compared to the 3.5" of the M&P.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Based on the specs it should be pretty much exactly the same size as an M&P compact. Holds 12 rounds like the M&P, and has a 3.6" barrel compared to the 3.5" of the M&P.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a little bigger in the hand.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EDIT - Proofreading.

That won't be much of an extension then.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Just need enough for a pinky finger. Something like this (Not my picture):

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/nnoR2RP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mgK5Rqp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YC10gWb.jpg

Absolutely fantastic feel in the hand. Each mag type has a good feel, even the flush fitting mag. VERY compact, very easy to conceal.

Have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Just wish it came with night sights.

Was $500 before tax, $541 out the door. My LGS had 2, and both were sold in a 10 minute span.
View Quote

Oh Boy!  I am jealous!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://s19.postimg.org/wu904hk4j/image.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://s19.postimg.org/wu904hk4j/image.jpg

Depending on how it is molded, you could always dremel it. However, I am in the boat of wanting an item that works for me without having to butcher it...

ETA: I do like the looks of the S&W pinky extension a lot more though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:31:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Shot the FNS-9C at IDPA tonight. Was VERY quick, very accurate.

One thing I ABSOLUTELY recommend doing is ditching the slide over extension that they put on the full sized mag. It caused nothing but problems for reloads, because it would ride up slightly on the mag, and I would have to slam the basepad several times to get it to seat properly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:32:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Also, I REALLY wish FN would put a better coating or finish on their slides and barrels. 150-200 rounds through it, and it looks like I've fired 1,000.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Also, I REALLY wish FN would put a better coating or finish on their slides and barrels. 150-200 rounds through it, and it looks like I've fired 1,000.
View Quote

rub some breakfree or froglube or hornady tap hd on it and the finish comes right back.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

One thing I ABSOLUTELY recommend doing is ditching the slide over extension that they put on the full sized mag. It caused nothing but problems for reloads, because it would ride up slightly on the mag, and I would have to slam the basepad several times to get it to seat properly.
View Quote

This seems to happen with slide over grip extensions in general. A solution would be gluing it into place, although I probably wouldn't do it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:21:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This seems to happen with slide over grip extensions in general. A solution would be gluing it into place, although I probably wouldn't do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've drilled a small hole and used a small set screw before.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#20]
and I would have to slam the basepad several times to get it to seat properly.
View Quote

Try downloading the magazine to 16 rounds and see if you have the same problem.....just curious.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Try downloading the magazine to 16 rounds and see if you have the same problem.....just curious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same problem. To me it seems like that grip piece is riding up slightly and causing a bit of resistance. I can shove a full sized FNS mag in just fine with no issue.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The FNS does not have "M&P Syndrome".  Seating a full mag on a closed slide is not a problem.

I would probably take a few thousandths off the sleeve with some 300 grit sandpaper, than clean up the edge with 600 and 1000.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top