Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2014 2:08:03 AM EDT
I bought my dad a fnp45 for his birthday. I did not know he would want a manual safety. I have read that you can add manual safety the the fnp45 what do I need to do this.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The FNP-45 should already come with a manual safety/decocker.  Can you post a pic of what you currently have?  Was it bought used?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The FNP-45 should already come with a manual safety/decocker.  Can you post a pic of what you currently have?  Was it bought used?
View Quote

My FNP45 has a safety, though I think they might have made decocker only models...
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote
Here is the decock only FCH

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I bought my dad a fnp45 for his birthday. I did not know he would want a manual safety. I have read that you can add manual safety the the fnp45 what do I need to do this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My FNP45 has a safety, though I think they might have made decocker only models...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know  
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes mine is decock  only they made them both ways. What parts are needed to to put it on safe ?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Look up 2 or 3 posts...
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry didnt see the links... Will I loose the use of the de cock function ?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Sorry didnt see the links... Will I loose the use of the de cock function ?
View Quote

You shouldn't

My FNP-45 is 3 position. Up for safe, middle for fire, down for de-cock

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:06:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Only the FNP-45 USG model was a two way safety/decocker, then the competition and tactical models came out and they had them as well.

It didn't have front cocking serrations, and you can see, no filled safety dot, because no safety. However, the frames are identical. I am not sure if the safety/decock lever is different, but the FCG definitely is.

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top