Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 2:49:27 AM EDT
I picked this up on leave last week for 650 OTD!
I stopped at a new range down the road from the house and all the 7 yard lanes were taken.  I said, "What the hell, I'll jump on the 15 yard lane and see what I can do.".

Now I'm no professional marksmen, but I consider myself a decent shot.  This was the first round down the pipe at 15 yards.  Talk about a happy customer!

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats Mike on stumbling on the best kept secret.
I have literally shot thousands of FN pistols, all makes and models in production.
IMHO the FDE FNX .45 with the black slide is the tightest shooting pistol they have. Its like all the planets aligned perfectly with this model. I cant explain it any better than that.
And at that price... Nicely done

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats Mike on stumbling on the best kept secret.
I have literally shot thousands of FN pistols, all makes and models in production.
IMHO the FDE FNX .45 with the black slide is the tightest shooting pistol they have. Its like all the planets aligned perfectly with this model. I cant explain it any better than that.
And at that price... Nicely done

View Quote

I was wondering around for days from shop to shop, trying to find something to fall in love with.  Then, this guy showed up and I knew right away that it was the one for me.  I have been thrilled with the performance all the way through the 500 rounds.  I will keep it in my BOB or make it the truck gun.  I am not sure which yet.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had an FNX .45 for a few years now, great shooter with low recoil and it's never give me a minute of trouble. Considering how big that 15 round mag is I'm always amazed at how well it fits in my hand. I thought the 'cheese grater' stippling would annoy me but I can shoot all day with bare hands no problem.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Your got the wrong one...

The Tactical version is really the way to go on this model. Granted w/the included soft case, 3 mags, threaded pipe, RMR, etc..you are paying 2x -3x more but worth it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The Tactical version is really the way to go on this model. Granted w/the included soft case, 3 mags, threaded pipe, RMR, etc..you are paying 2x -3x more but worth it.
View Quote

I hear what you are saying.  The shop wanted 1,300$ for the Tacticoooool model.  I would have loved to gone with it but at 2x the price for sights and a barrel... I was happy to pass.  I don't plan on putting a can on it nor a red dot.  The bag would have been nice but I just picked up three more mags and the bag bor 120$
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I hear what you are saying.  The shop wanted 1,300$ for the Tacticoooool model.  I would have loved to gone with it but at 2x the price for sights and a barrel... I was happy to pass.  I don't plan on putting a can on it nor a red dot.  The bag would have been nice but I just picked up three more mags and the bag bor 120$
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't plan to suppress it the 45T is pointless. If you do it's a great deal. I bought mine brand new for $1050.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top