Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 9/23/2014 3:00:43 PM EDT
Hi there! I am new to this community and I wanted to start by possibly getting some feed back! I am fairly new to the handgun world, I bought my first handgun last year, a Glock 21 .45 ACP. Didn't do much research on ammo prices and what not, and now other financial burdens have come about and shooting .45 is getting to be too expensive, not to mention that my hands are medium size and the 21 just doesn't fit me so well. Well, I have been doing some research lately, visiting gun shops, watching videos, reading reviews and I am heavily considering purchasing the FNX-9. I tried it in the shop and it fit me like a glove, the trigger is nice, plus it's the same price as a Glock 17. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this firearm such as problems, long term issues etc. Any feedback would be helpful! Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had mine (FNX-9)now for .....5ish years. It's my edc.  I like it but I'm an old guy who has experience with traditional double actions in the past.

It was recommended to me by a sales guy at .......gulp-----Gander Mt.  It was a GREAT call.

Mags and holsters are almost impossible to get (so I started making my own holsters).

Also shoot/own glocks pretty well too and just cause I can own a 1911.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input BTccw! Were there any break in issues with it? I have heard mixed things, some people had hang ups with the first few hundred rounds and others said it was flawless right out of the box.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
mine has worked 100% since day one
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Really like mine. Never had an issue.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a FNX-40 (essentially the same thing) and I love it so far.

It's true that aftermarket accessories aren't very plentiful, but it hasn't been much of a hindrance for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the 40 cal version but it's seen about two thousand rounds and I have had not one single failure. It's had steel cased and hollow points through with not a single hiccup. There are some holster choices and my gun had no noticeable break in period. Love it so far.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a FNX-9 and it had multiple failures in single action mode. I took back to the store and they sent in to be repaired. I am not sure what FNH did. I fired almost 700 rounds since it was repaired. I fired 150 rounds before I returned. It was funny since I fired left handed it worked just fine. But when firing right handed I pulled the trigger in SA mode the hammer would not drop.

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top