Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 8/23/2014 4:34:42 PM EDT
So I bought my FNP about two or three years ago, I put about 200 rds per mag and they ran flawless before. (3 factory ones that came with the pistol) Then I left them loaded fully for about 8 months give or take. Today at the range the follower and last round were binding up and causing failures to feeds on two mags since that's all I took. Anyone ever had this happen? Could it be the mag springs? or ammo? (agulia brass)

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Replace the mag springs.....
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
FNP' magazines are known not to tolerate long OAL ammo, the folllower binds like you are describing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#3]
So mag spring replacements are gonna be needed? I started hand cycling rounds and the mag spring kept the rounds under pressure but I won't be able to see in they actually work right untill the weekend. I did have FTfeeds with hollow points binding up in the middle of the chamber. (hornady hollow points)
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#4]
What's the OAL of these rounds
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the OAL of these rounds
View Quote

The aguila's are about 1 1/15th, Winchester- 1 1/4th, Federal are the same as winchesters.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I would start with disassembling the mags and cleaning/oiling them. Then head back to the range.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would start with disassembling the mags and cleaning/oiling them. Then head back to the range.
View Quote

I'll get to it this weekend. Hopefully they work.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top