Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2014 5:06:06 PM EDT
Looking for a new 9mm. I've been looking at Sigs as I've always wanted one. Have plans to go to a big gun show this weekend and likely buy one.

Then I was at my local range this afternoon and saw a FNS9 behind the counter for 419.99 NIB. Came with 3 magazines. Looked around a bit when I got home and find this seems to be a pretty good price.

Is there anything I should be looking at with these guns?  Issues with a certain generation or anything?  From what I understand the "S" line is somewhat new so I don't there's several generations already.

Should I go back and FO?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I would definitely pay around $400 for one, if it is the model without manual safety (law enforcement model, black finish instead of two-tone).  The only negative thing I have heard is that the trigger pull is heavier than other guns, around 7.5-8lbs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would definitely pay around $400 for one, if it is the model without manual safety (law enforcement model, black finish instead of two-tone).  The only negative thing I have heard is that the trigger pull is heavier than other guns, around 7.5-8lbs.
View Quote

Indeed all black, no manual safety.  I assume the trigger would lighten up a bit after use.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The FNS is the best shooting striker-fired gun on the market in my opinion. I loved my FNS-40. The problems are a pretty much non-existent aftermarket, VERY few holster options and $40 magazines.

I sold mine and went back to a Glock for EDC, but I loved it while I had it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The FNS is the best shooting striker-fired gun on the market in my opinion. I loved my FNS-40. The problems are a pretty much non-existent aftermarket, VERY few holster options and $40 magazines.

View Quote

If you liked it so much why did you get rid of it?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I would say $419.99 for new in box is a very good price.  I purchased mine with 3 mags and night sights for $475.  I say go for it. It's a fine shooting handgun. You will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Hk vp9

Eta:
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, don't forget about the $30 mail in rebate that's currently available.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OP, don't forget about the $30 mail in rebate that's currently available.
View Quote

I didn't know about that...thanks!  Is this listed on their website somewhere?  I found an Armslist ad mentioning it but it didn't say how to redeem or get the offer.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See the reasons listed in my post. That and the fact that FNH really needs to get on board with models that aren't service size.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

See the reasons listed in my post. That and the fact that FNH really needs to get on board with models that aren't service size.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still have my FNS-9 and -40, but yeah. I am not willing to fully commit to FN until/if they come out with the compact version. They desperately need to start selling guns more geared toward edc/ccw.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Just bought mine New for $430 with night sights and no safety.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you shot it?  What do you think about it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No i havnt picked it up yet but i should shoot it next week sometime
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been debating on if I should buy the FNS-9 or get a Glock 19. I'll eventually end up with both most likely. I want an FDE or OD Green G19 gen 4 and I can never find one in the price range I want.  I haven't shot the FNS-9 but I've fooled with one at my LGS and I think it's a very well built pistol.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
The triggers are not that hard to work on.  I have my FNS-9L right at 5# with just some simple polishing.

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top