Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 8/20/2014 11:37:24 PM EDT
Had some fun with my FNP-9 and the milling machine at work. Here's the test shoot:
http://youtu.be/NCDj5yjCI14

Here's a couple still shots, added front serrations, pocketed out a small section at top of slide to (very slightly) reduce weight, and made a stainless spring guide rod. (Working on a tungsten carbide guide rod now)

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
why ??
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty much just because I can. I don't do any rapid action shooting or anything, just wanted to be different. I really wanted the front serrations though because it makes it much, much easier to pop live rounds outta the gun. I carry it with a full mag plus one, so anytime I'm showing it to a buddy I drop the mag and pop the chambered round out. It's way easier to do that, and catch the live round, when you have the gun mostly upside down with your hand under the ejection port. But the factory smooth slab sides aren't the easiest to grip.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:23:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Also the factory guide rod is aluminum and was starting to show a good bit of visible wear, so I opted for stainless guide rod. Now I want to add a tiny bit of weight to the frame, so I've started gathering the stuff to remake the guide rod from carbide instead.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Holy balls, it's a very skinny Adam Baldwin (The best of the Baldwin's)  / Jayne Cobb!

In all seriousness though, nicely done.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I know... I didn't realize how damn scrawny I was until I watched this vid too!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:24:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty much just because I can. I don't do any rapid action shooting or anything, just wanted to be different. I really wanted the front serrations though because it makes it much, much easier to pop live rounds outta the gun. I carry it with a full mag plus one, so anytime I'm showing it to a buddy I drop the mag and pop the chambered round out. It's way easier to do that, and catch the live round, when you have the gun mostly upside down with your hand under the ejection port. But the factory smooth slab sides aren't the easiest to grip.
View Quote

you did a good job
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
you did a good job
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I got bored and decided an extra ounce in the frame wouldn't hurt so I whipped up a tungsten carbide and stainless guide rod. (Used a piece of carbide round rod, with stainless ferrules shrink fit on each end to get the proper shape I wanted, will post pics after I get home (not much to see, it's just a gray guide rod with shiny ends, with a spring wrapped around it lol, but some ppl like that sort of thing...)
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
why ??
View Quote

Why not ???
To each his own...
I like it.
Make me a guide rod too ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#10]
The video link is not working.  Help a brother out
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top