Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 8/11/2014 10:33:28 PM EDT
I've had my fnx 45 tac for about 8 months now and I have only put about 1,000 rounds down range with it. I keep it clean as a whistle. The other day I noticed that the barrel has slight fouling in the lands and grooves and I can't get it out for my life. I tried m pro 7 and Breakfree clp both with brush and patches to no avail. Someone help me out here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you tell if it's lead or copper fouling? If you can lay hands on some Shooter's Choice solvent (evil smelling stuff!), I find that it will clear copper fouling very quickly, as a rule. Lead fouling may take some scrubbing, but it works there, too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Plug the breech with a rubber plug, stand on end and fill to the muzzle with shooters choice for a day or two.
Drain, remove plug and most of your fouling should come out.

If you use an ammonia solvent like sweets copper comes out blue on a patch. DO NOT soak your bore using ammonia solutions.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Find some KROIL. Swab the barrel and let sit over night.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't worry about it.  You're being OCD.
:)
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think it's worth worrying about but if you want showroom clean maybe try an ultrasonic cleaner.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top