Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 7/28/2014 2:11:47 AM EDT
I just got a new FNX-45 tactical this weekend, after working a deal at a gun show with three different vendors to get a price I liked.   Anyway, after finally getting away from the kids long engough to do it, I went to mount my spare RMR on this (one of the reasons I got it) and I don't think I have the proper screws to mount it.  I only have one torx #15 screw in the package that would fit the propper mounting hole and after looking at it, and comparing the amount the screw would stick into the slide after it goes through the adaptor plate and sight there isn't much contact length possible.  Just to compare, I put a probe down the holes to find the depth and if I used the screw that I see that is a #15 like the manual, I would only have maybe 1/3 or a touch more of the possible screw depth.   Do I need to contact Trijicon or FN for the proper screws or is there somewhere I can just call to get them reasonably quick.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought my FNX 2 weeks ago brand new and it only had one as well. Called FN and the customer service rep with a rude attitude said "well i cant get you anything until fall, but if you go to a hardware store they will help you find something." Needless to say i was a little upset with the womans attitude after just spending $1200 on a pistol.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I ended up mounting with the one #15 torx head and a 5/32 allen head screw of the #6 size that I had from another RMR.  I am on the list for a mounting kit as they don't seem to have just screws?  I will see how it holds.  So far the optic mounting I see is the weak part, espeically as compared to my custom inset RMR mounted guns.  I'm going to shoot it tomorrow and see what happens.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top