Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 7/25/2014 4:46:17 PM EDT
Or the USG, or the whatever they're called.

I would like to eventually pick one of these up due to some decent ammo being available, but I have no idea how the triggers can be explained, or what the different models are.

I am hoping they have something that mimics a Glock or an M&P with an apex kit, IE a short reset and a consistent pull.  Can anyone dumb down the models for me?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I would like to eventually pick one of these up due to some decent ammo being available, but I have no idea how the triggers can be explained, or what the different models are.

I am hoping they have something that mimics a Glock or an M&P with an apex kit, IE a short reset and a consistent pull.  Can anyone dumb down the models for me?

Thanks!
View Quote

All commercially available FSN's are single action. Only the original FSN was DAO. There's a single trigger bar that actuates an internal hammer. No trigger job kits available, and I believe Elite Ammunition is the only place that offers trigger jobs for them.

Here was a video I did that quickly shows the take up and reset:

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All commercially available FSN's are single action. Only the original FSN was DAO. There's a single trigger bar that actuates an internal hammer. No trigger job kits available, and I believe Elite Ammunition is the only place that offers trigger jobs for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hAViI3Xmrc

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Thats actually a phenomenal video, and thank you for clearing that up.  It appears that there is minimal overall travel on the trigger.

Given that it is SAO, are there external safeties on the firearm?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thats actually a phenomenal video, and thank you for clearing that up.  It appears that there is minimal overall travel on the trigger.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

Yes a manual safety above the trigger on both sides. can be actuated with trigger finger or support thumb

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top