Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2014 9:58:15 PM EDT
Got a possible trade working on one, looked online lot's of OMG's this is cool. Not alot of real use data, what say you guys? Thinking of a RMR platform and these are ready made for that. Still hesitant though. Talk me into it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 11:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoots good, I have not had ANY problems with mine. 1000rd ish.
very accurate i do use a FF3, makes it easy to hit @ 50 yds. Thats special for me.

I "hear" mags and holsters are hard to find. they aren't.

My HK used to be my favorite, the FNX Tac is now.

I dont think you need talked into it, its a nice gun. yes there were problems at the beginning. I didnt experience any of them.
mine is a 3/2013 date gun. the "X" series came out in December i think.

I have only run winchester PDX1 since i carry that, and my own loads. i run hotter loads typically.
its a lot of gun with a red dot, and a TLR-1HL. I dont have girly hands so its ok.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 4:28:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I just put three mags down range in mine Sunday afternoon. Love it! Before purchasing I tried Springfields, H&Ks, Glocks, Sigs, the whole kit and caboodle. Highest capacity of the .45 pistols I looked at and it still felt GREAT in my hands. The option to add an electronic sight and a suppressor were mondo pluses to me. I've never had a FTF, FTE, or any other problem with mine. The night sights were a a nice bonus as well, and with them being raised I can get a good grip with my index finger to rack the slide with the rear sight.

In the end it needs to be something you want, not something you're talked into. If I was talked into whatever gun I asked my friends I would have Springfield and I don't think I'd be as happy with it as I am my FN.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just put three mags down range in mine Sunday afternoon. Love it! Before purchasing I tried Springfields, H&Ks, Glocks, Sigs, the whole kit and caboodle. Highest capacity of the .45 pistols I looked at and it still felt GREAT in my hands. The option to add an electronic sight and a suppressor were mondo pluses to me. I've never had a FTF, FTE, or any other problem with mine. The night sights were a a nice bonus as well, and with them being raised I can get a good grip with my index finger to rack the slide with the rear sight.

In the end it needs to be something you want, not something you're talked into. If I was talked into whatever gun I asked my friends I would have Springfield and I don't think I'd be as happy with it as I am my FN.
View Quote

I love mine. Get used to the supressor height sights and it will be a tack driver.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a done deal, just waiting on it's arrival now. I'm excited, will post pics and such next week when it arrives!
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope you are invested in .45 ACP ammo!
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hope you are invested in .45 ACP ammo!
View Quote

Oh yes, heavily. This is #4 .45 for me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my FDE one with RM07 on it.  A little finicky with ammo till it gets broken in.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2014 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine had some trouble with break-in. I hear this is somewhat common, especially considering I shoot the cheapest of cheap ammo that is no doubt weak powered. Upon being broken in, it has been absolutely flawless with any ammo ran through it. I have had no issues with the RMR (retaining zero, no brass hitting it, etc). Rested, I have never grouped more than 3" with 5 rounds at 25 yards, and that is with me behind the trigger (albeit using a RDS). I have not ran it suppressed, but thus far the FNX Tactical is an exceptional pistol.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy one, then buy a Silencerco Osprey suppressor, great setup
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:42:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Love it. I carry a fnx 45 and shoot a fnx 45t. Easy recoiling and a solid gun. Accurate but everything I wanted without having to buy an hk45t and spend 1500 to make it what the fnx is.
Robust built... It can take up to 9.4 grains (almost double a max load) of titegroup. I've seen it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I like that the pouch in the case that holds the lock will fit an octane 45 nicely.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It can take up to 9.4 grains (almost double a max load) of titegroup. I've seen it.
View Quote

Sweet, I thought i was rollin them tight.

one day i was shooting all my carry ammo up. i am a brass rat and noticed all the nickel cases around me. Ooops!
I couldnt tell i was shooting hotter ammo, felt the same to me. I put it in my USP and i could tell, but not in the FNXT.

so yeah, running hot loads seems to work, weather supposed to or not. I generally dont push it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got a possible trade working on one, looked online lot's of OMG's this is cool. Not alot of real use data, what say you guys? Thinking of a RMR platform and these are ready made for that. Still hesitant though. Talk me into it.
View Quote

I owned a USP45 Tactical in the past, I own an FNX 45 Tactical now. The FN is a much better, feature-rich gun, and this is coming from someone who has lusted after a USP9 for eons.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Just shot mine today for the first time. Loved it. Wife loved it more. She claimed it and looking at 45 cans now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I sure like mine!  Casting & working on a powdercoated load for it...I think it likes being pounded....
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Love it. I carry a fnx 45 and shoot a fnx 45t. Easy recoiling and a solid gun. Accurate but everything I wanted without having to buy an hk45t and spend 1500 to make it what the fnx is.
Robust built... It can take up to 9.4 grains (almost double a max load) of titegroup. I've seen it.
View Quote

Jesus I don't know if this is true but I wouldn't make a habit of doing this.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Only two issues that I have with mine, can't find a holster that will fit with RMR mounted and the transition from off safe to decock is not a distinct as it could be.
When cocked and locked it is easy to overtravel and decock the thing, minor I know.

ETA - Ran0eg time has shown that my SIG Scorpion is more accurate than the FNX with holes nearly touching at 7 yards while the FNX shoots 2" groups, not a real concern for me as the 15 round capacity and the ability to mount a red dot are what attracted me to the FN.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#19]
There are several Kydex makers that will make it to fit the RMR mounted.  I also think the tac pac one from Bladetech will fit it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Octane is what you desire, OP.

These are great guns. The only problem I've had is the red paint dot under the safety lever on the left side disappeared after about 2000 rounds.

This gun will eat anything. I once shot 90 rounds alternating between steel and brass every other round and had no failures.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#21]
not really digging the RMR and iron sights, feel like I would be better off with one instead of both...

does FN follow the HK logic of having the front sight cover the POI?   When I have my RMR sighted in, its directly over the dot in the front sight.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
not really digging the RMR and iron sights, feel like I would be better off with one instead of both...

does FN follow the HK logic of having the front sight cover the POI?   When I have my RMR sighted in, its directly over the dot in the front sight.
View Quote

FNH pistols are meant to follow the combat sight picture.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
not really digging the RMR and iron sights, feel like I would be better off with one instead of both....
View Quote

it took me some getting used to. now its there pretty quick.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top