Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 4/19/2014 7:53:22 AM EDT
Hi all

My threaded barrel from EFK fire dragon arrived in early April; finally got out to shoot it so I figured I would jot down a few notes for some of the guys that might be looking for one and cannot get it directly from FN like me.

Installation: It dropped right into the slide and not fitting was required to get it to function correctly [directions stated minor polishing may be required to fit correctly].  

Function: I only fired 60 rounds through it today, with no malfuctions or odd wear patterns on the slide or barrel.  If I experience any problems I'll make sure I come back here to post an update.  My Tirant 45 is still in NFA jail so I will not be able to shoot it supressed for a while yet, paperwork was sent back in Sept.  

3 mags were shot at steel, 7-10 yards and I emptied 1 other mag onto paper pictured below.

Pics:

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#1]
price?  Was your total cost much less then the tactical?  Still undecided on which threaded 45 I want.  Price is always a factor.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 5:36:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
price?  Was your total cost much less then the tactical?  Still undecided on which threaded 45 I want.  Price is always a factor.
View Quote

$675 plus tax for the FNX45
$225 for the EFK threaded barrel (maybe you can find someone else to make one for cheaper)

puts me @ $900ish for the gun and threaded barrel.  Depending on how I shoot with the can on I might have to invest in raised sights.  So I would be at the sale price of $1000 for the FNX45 tactical if I buy the nights sights (I might end up paying more for less - no RMR cutout for me).  If you plan on running supressed I think the FNX45 tactical would be better IMO.  I bought this around Sandy Hook time, so I could not find the tactical version that I wanted.  I settled for the regular FNX.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top