Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 4/7/2014 5:15:50 PM EDT
I was at Bass Pro Shops and handled a couple of FNS-9's.  Kinda caused a rise in my levi's.  I don't need it, but can't stop thinking about it!  Felt good, looked good, seeing some good reviews.  I hadn't paid it much attention before probably because its not that commonly stocked and if so, its just a small area and overshadowed by all the other names with all their models.  Although the FNS-9 looks to be full sized, it seems to be compared to the compact Glock 19 because they are about the same length, but it has 17 rounds like the full sized Glock 17...so what is it, full size or compact and which one should it be compared to?  Maybe standard FNS-9 is like G19 and FNS-9 longslide is liked G17?  Also, this is what I have in my rotation...given that, which FN would you guys slip into the arsenal? I do prefer the striker fired like Glocks intead of hammered.  I was figuring I could add a G17 full sized and it would be OK to fill a gap, but an FN could maybe take that spot.
- G34 gen4 9mm competition gun w/ KKM match barrel
- G20 gen4 10mm woods gun w/ KKM 10mm barrel and KKM.40 conversion barrel
- G19 gen 4 9mm under the bed & compact carry gun
- S&W M&P Shield 9mm subcompact carry gun
(would eventually like a pocket one also)
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a Glock guy and love the fns. It is the length of a Glock 19 with a grip like a 17. I'm looking forward to the compact coming out one of these days.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I love the FNS. I dont own one unfortunately,  I did a T&E on the FNS 40 and it was one of the softest shooting .40's I ever shot. For what it is worth, FN markets it as a full size duty pistol. Sadly, my department went another way.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have always owned Glocks and love them.

If you're going to get an FN, I'd honestly say to save up and get an FN Five-seveN, that way you have a unique caliber :P
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Get the FNS9. I have one and I shoot it better than any Glock I own. I've shot around 700 rounds without a problem. The only downside to the FNS is that magazines cost around $45 - $50 each. Like Gen 4 Glocks, it does come with 3 mags though. I say go for it, you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Got to shoot my FNS9 today. It's a keeper. Put some 115s and 147s through it! Fed everything!
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently purchased a FN FNX40 and took it to the range this weekend. I was very impressed! I is definitely my most accurate handgun. Way more accurate then I will ever be I went with the FNX40 just because I wanted something different as I have plenty of striker fired pistols. Plus, I love the full ambidextrous controls.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I dropped my FNS-9 at a gunsmith a couple days ago to see if he could liten up the trigger.  I told him to be very carefull given the scary reviewer below who tried to have his gunsmith do a trigger job on his FNS-9 and barely escaped from the ordeal despite FNH support!  I would like to get the long slide model for competition shooting but I'm very hesitent as why get a competition gun with a heavy trigger which I can't modify or buy an aftermarket match trigger?  I got a great deal on an XDM 5.25" competition gun yesterday and that same day I ordered a PRP match trigger for 3.5-4 lbs pull which I can probably install myself.  So, while I'd much rather have an FNS-9L, why put up with a 5.5-7.7 lbs trigger (FNH website) when I can have something almost half the weight?  Don't get me wrong, I look at the FNS-9 and I'm like, damn, what a great design...beauty and the beast.  The grip is like perfect, the rear sight v-notch, ambi everything.  I just like looking at the thing. Forget about Glock 19/17...the FNS-9 is the bomb.  and forget the Glock 34 if the FNS-9L could have a match trigger (BTW, I have both the G19 and G34 gen4's).  I will see in a few days if the gunsmith can work some magic...if he can..then the FNS-9L is next!  See the scary trigger job review below.

http://alamotacticalreviews.com/2014/02/20/fn-usa-fns-pistols/
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]
great handguns!

just don't over pay. I have found them basic at $450.

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been a Sig person for years, and recently bought an FNX 45. So far, I'm really loving it - shoots very accurately. Looking at getting an FNX 9 for the mrs. next.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my FNS-9 back from the gunsmith last night.  He went in and polished it all up every where you could.  It feels less gritty and smoother, but still heavy.  He took about a pound off to about 6.10 lbs.  He examined it pretty good and didn't see much else he could do.  He did have one thing related to a spring which he said he'd work on and call me back if he comes up with something.  Hopefully he'll get a chance to figure it out and call me back for a try.  I did order an FNS-9 Long…hoping he can get it under 5 lbs.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#11]
FNX45 Tactical!
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top