Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 3/19/2014 7:31:59 PM EDT
Have a G19.  Hate the trigger with a mighty passion. Even with a couple thousand rounds of dry and live fire, it sucks. It's frustrating and no matter how much I practice, the break is so harsh that it's impossible to not pull off target at least a little.

This is not acceptable. I really prefer the sort of trigger you'd have in a well tuned revolver. How is the fns9 trigger? Does it have a harsh break like the g19?

How hard is it to conceal compared to a g19?

ETA: Also, does anyone know if Crossbreed makes an IWB for the FNS9?
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I love the trigger on my Glock 19 and like my trigger on my FNS9.  So since I like them both, and you hate a trigger on a Glock 19, I think you will not like the trigger on the FNS.  In fact, I don't think you will like them on most striker fired guns.  I would recommend you try out a SIG p229.

Regarding how in conceals, I will have to get back to you on that one, I carry my 19 in an INCOG holster and have an INCOG on order for the FNS9.  The slide length is about the same for the 19 vs. the FNS, the grip length is a little longer on the FNS9, but not much, more like a Glock 17.  I think if you can carry a 19, you should be able to carry a FNS9.

Yes Crossbred does make a Supertuck for the FNS
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I sure like my FNS9.  Not that that tells you much, but I also like Glocks.  While I currently don't have a Glock in my stable, I have owned a few and like them.  I went with the FNS9 simply because I wanted a double stack 9 that was different and I really liked the feel of it in hand.  I personally like the trigger.  It was gritty at first but after 200 or so rounds and some dry firing it has smoothed out nicely.  I honestly love everything about the gun.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love the trigger on my Glock 19 and like my trigger on my FNS9.  So since I like them both, and you hate a trigger on a Glock 19, I think you will not like the trigger on the FNS.  In fact, I don't think you will like them on most striker fired guns.  I would recommend you try out a SIG p229.

Regarding how in conceals, I will have to get back to you on that one, I carry my 19 in an INCOG holster and have an INCOG on order for the FNS9.  The slide length is about the same for the 19 vs. the FNS, the grip length is a little longer on the FNS9, but not much, more like a Glock 17.  I think if you can carry a 19, you should be able to carry a FNS9.

View Quote

A heavy trigger is fine, as  long as the trigger is consistent throughout.  I shoot a double action revolver with a 12 lb trigger very accurately...but it's a consisten 12 lbs from start to finish.  No wall to break past, no harsh, glass rod trigger break, or anything like that.  I guess I was wondering if the FNS9 was consistent throughout it's trigger pull like that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A heavy trigger is fine, as  long as the trigger is consistent throughout.  I shoot a double action revolver with a 12 lb trigger very accurately...but it's a consisten 12 lbs from start to finish.  No wall to break past, no harsh, glass rod trigger break, or anything like that.  I guess I was wondering if the FNS9 was consistent throughout it's trigger pull like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a wall with a distinct break and sharp reset, like on a Glock. I like that, but it sounds like you don't. I think you would be disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I prefer the Glock trigger, it is noticeably lighter once you install a factory 4.5lb connector.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Went to 3 LGS this the past 2 days. All had FNS9's with external safeties. They could have sold a pistol if they had 1 without the tiny external safety.  The trigger pull was great, positive reset. Fit my hands better than a G19. Would even look good next to my FNP. Guess I will have to order 1
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Went to 3 LGS this the past 2 days. All had FNS9's with external safeties. They could have sold a pistol if they had 1 without the tiny external safety.  The trigger pull was great, positive reset. Fit my hands better than a G19. Would even look good next to my FNP. Guess I will have to order 1
View Quote

I went ahead and got one with the safety. It hasn't bothered me. It is a joy to shoot. Right now it is my top three handguns I love to shoot, along with my Glock 19 and SIG p226.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The safety will stay out of the way if you dont wan to use it. Hell a dab of superglue and its never a problem.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll wait to get the model I want, no sense compromising.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:01:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look at Grabagun, they have the safetyless black models. That is where I got mine.

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:45:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I got mine just like the one in the photo above off of Gunbroker a few months ago for $435 (shipping included and no CC fees).  I love the gun.  The trigger is really starting to smooth out nicely the more I shoot it and it is the most comfortable full frame handgun that I have ever put in my hands.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top