Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 1:20:22 PM EDT
Any news on this? It was introduced at last years Shot but ive still yet to see any information regarding it or when its being released.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
they are out on the market, just not a lot of them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]
i have the FNS 9 Long Slide, probably the "Competition" model is a different animal.....differences?
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 4:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope. Same gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a new FNS 9 LS today after handling it at my local LGS and marveling about the crisp trigger and very short, positive reset. I had to have it. Will get to the range for a wringing out ASAP.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought a new FNS 9 LS today after handling it at my local LGS and marveling about the crisp trigger and very short, positive reset. I had to have it. Will get to the range for a wringing out ASAP.
View Quote

congrats, its a great pistol.  forgot about this thread and since have been to the range with the fns ls, some pics and range results

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an FNS-9 regular stainless with night sights on order and I'm already thinking about the FNS-9 long.  That tope picture with the color added to the inlay of the top slide...is that normal or does the commercial model come all black?  Have you ever shot a Glock (say a Glock 34 gen4), if so, how does it compare to the FNS-9 long?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:10:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have an FNS-9 regular stainless with night sights on order and I'm already thinking about the FNS-9 long.  That tope picture with the color added to the inlay of the top slide...is that normal or does the commercial model come all black?  Have you ever shot a Glock (say a Glock 34 gen4), if so, how does it compare to the FNS-9 long?
View Quote

the color added i did my self and does not come from the factory, i begged my god daughter if i could borrow her crayons.  i have owned total of 3 glocks, g26/g17/g17L which i sold all 3 a whild back now.  for me the fns-9 all around feel how it fits in my hands and trigger from factory is way much better than the 3 glocks i previously owned. though the fns-9 ls trigger is a bit heavier, the reset and almost no take up for me produces thos groups i posted...its a good trigger, but i think the more i shoot it will eventually break in the trigger more.  i also have a p07 but the fns 9...to me feels better
i also did it to my fnx 45
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Can you please explain how you added the color in the slide?  What you did improves the look big time and while I have favored the stainless slide, I would probably get the black Long if I could give it the same look as yours.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:09:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can you please explain how you added the color in the slide?  What you did improves the look big time and while I have favored the stainless slide, I would probably get the black Long if I could give it the same look as yours.
View Quote

I believe the OP just used crayon. You can even use furniture refinishing sticks available at most hardware stores. It used to do this on my guns. You degrease the area with rubbing alcohol. Heat up the crayon or furniture stick just a little using a heat gun or blow dryer. Rub the crayon into the lettering. Gently wipe off any residue. The markings will hold up pretty well. If you want to remove them, just use a toothbrush dipped in alcohol or bore sovlent. Comes right out.

Op, if you used a different procedure please let us know. The above method has worked for me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:06:59 AM EDT
[#10]
sorry 1eyed for late reply,  but icopy pretty much nailed it.....thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:08:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I believe the OP just used crayon. You can even use furniture refinishing sticks available at most hardware stores. It used to do this on my guns. You degrease the area with rubbing alcohol. Heat up the crayon or furniture stick just a little using a heat gun or blow dryer. Rub the crayon into the lettering. Gently wipe off any residue. The markings will hold up pretty well. If you want to remove them, just use a toothbrush dipped in alcohol or bore sovlent. Comes right out.

Op, if you used a different procedure please let us know. The above method has worked for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They make a crayon in white?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:56:10 AM EDT
[#12]
yep. Kids use it on colored construction paper. How else are you going to draw a ghost at Halloween?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I accidently made a thread without checking my old first but has anyone tried both the Regular and Long Slide? Besides the barrel length i cant find anything on google about other main differences.

Also, Testors model paint is alot easier than paint and is alot more durable than crayon. I would use crayon as a last resort.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought one on a whim. I like it, but not as much as an Apex'd M&P 9L.

Stock vs. Stock? Give me the FN, Apex parts? I use the M&P.

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top