Posted: 7/28/2009 11:08:18 PM
THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
1) This is a well built pistol. Very few machine marks and the pistol is of high quality (note: This pistol could be used as hammer and it still would work fine, no doubt it is designed to last FOREVER)
2) Pistol is very accurate for a pistol of this size. Shoots 2-2.5 inch groups at 25 yds. off a pistol rest with Hornady 124g XTPs.
3) This pistol is heavy. All steel contruction.
4) Trigger had a gritty fealing when I first bought it. Put some Fitz Metal Polish on the trigger and it smoothed out a lot after about 300-400 "dry fires". Trigger has some over travel, but I am fine with that because I know this is a carry pistol and not a target pistol.
5) I had only one "stove pipe" when I first bought the pistol. Cycled the action the same amount of times that I dry fired the pistol. NO prolems since. This pistol fires the 115g and 124g with no problems.
6) Must use 124g bullets in order for the bullets to hit near point of aim (read the Owners Manual, it will tell you this).
7) Sights are OK (paint was not put into the dots very well). The DOTs on sight don't appear "Luminous", they just appear well like white paint. Doesn't not appear to be any after market sights for this pistol, that sucks.
8) This is the best feeling pistol I have had in my hand except the Browning Hi-Power. Pistol points very natural for me.
9) Due to the weight of this pistol, recoil is very pleasant. Can shoot this pistol all day.
In conclusion, my thoughts:
- If you want to customize this pistol, forget about it. Doesn't appear a whole lot (if any) aftermarket parts are available.
- If you want a pistol that is all metal, well built, will last forever, has a great grip and is naturally accurate this may be the pistol for you.
- If you want a pistol that can be used easily as a concealed weapon, this pistol may be a challenge. It is heavy and you will need to find diffent ways to carry it correctly.
Hope this helps,
Posted: 9/8/2009 1:58:41 PM
I just shot mine last weekend. I had one FTE which I think was magazine related. They`re very stiff at first. I agree it feels good in the hand and points well. As for aftermarket accessories give it time. Also some CZ75 items might be usable as the AR24 series are CZ75 clones when all is said and done. I think ArmaLite needs to push it more.