Link Posted: 2/15/2010 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#1]

XDm ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Some Questions.

Form 1 required for the pistol or the upper?

Can the pistol be carried separately after the Form 1 is approved?
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
There website says you need to fill out a Form 1
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Wondering why this is under "handgun" products... if you buy it you have a rifle.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By EMA-Tactical:
THE RONI
Convert your pistol to an accurate assault rifle in less than 10 seconds

...so, it's full auto?...?
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#8]
This product converts a pistol into a short barreled rifle (SBR). SBR are regulated under the laws of the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA). It is illegal to possess this product unless it is registered with Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives BATF&E (Form 1) or you are a Class 3 Dealer. It is illegal to transfer this product to anyone before they have registered this product with BATF&E.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Callahan:

Originally One EMA's site:
It is illegal to possess this product unless it is registered with Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives BATF&E (Form 1)

so is the upper the registered part or the pistol?
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wganz:
Originally Posted By Callahan:

Originally One EMA's site:
It is illegal to possess this product unless it is registered with Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives BATF&E (Form 1)

so is the upper the registered part or the pistol?

Yeah, not understanding that.

It's not a firearm...right?
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else notice in the video (at about 1:08) the silencer/suppresor flopping around with each shot?
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#12]
the suppressor is attatched to the barrel of the glock, not the part being sold here. I dont own a glock, but I believe this is actually a result of the barrel unlocking and tilting up slightly when the slide racks
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By aperdue:
the suppressor is attatched to the barrel of the glock, not the part being sold here. I dont own a glock, but I believe this is actually a result of the barrel unlocking and tilting up slightly when the slide racks

That would be my assessment also
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By aperdue:

This.  I don't have this conversion, but I do have a Glock.  The rear portion of the barrel drops down (thus causing the barrel to be angled upward) when it unlocks from the slide during the slide's rearward travel.  Thus, a suppressor attached to the barrel will tilt up as the action cycles following each shot.  I think just about every modern semi-auto pistol uses a tilting barrel feature similar to this.
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Can you not describe it as an assault rifle?  The term is both inaccurate and a word we don't want associated with semi-automatic handguns, carbines, and rifles.
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Hello All,
I personally played with this conversion at the 2010 Shot Show in the EMA booth. Here are my 2 pennies.
First 80% of the reps there did not speak english very well. The first thing I asked was if there would be a Form 1 Involved. They looked at me like I was from another planet.
Almost like..."Wait, there are laws in America?" We thought you cowboys all shot on site and went to the sheriff if the natives got restless. Anywho, beside the fact that they had no answer for me about the Form1 I touched and played with the kit. It's all "polymer" and felt...Cheap. I'm leaving this conversion to the airsoft guys.
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 12:40:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EMA-Tactical] [#18]
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Not seeing any attachments...?
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Michael,

Thank you for bringing another product to our market. I would like to see if you could clarify a few points about 'THE RONI'(called the stock from this point onward). It is my understanding that this product in combination with the appropriate pistol is considered an SBR per the National Firearms Act of 1938.

Is the NFA serial numbered part the pistol or the stock?

Do you have any information from your legal staff(or hired attorneys) on the legal status and/or any special restrictions regarding having an NFA registered combination of the stock and pistol?

Does the pistol and stock have to be stored assembled? *

Once the NFA tax stamp has been received, does the owner have to take the stock with him? Scenario is that the owner wants to go to an IPSC match with his GLOCK 17L that has the NFA tax stamp to be used with the stock. Must he take the stock with him to the match? *

Thanks for the time in answering my questions.

(* read this on another forum)
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By EMA-Tactical:
Thank you for your interest. In reply to your questions:

1. At this time the stock does not have a serial # or a plate to stamp a serial # on. However, this is not a final determination.

2. We are waiting to get a classification from ATF for the RONI.

3. After classification by ATF and with consultation with council and ATF we will determine if it is prudent to serialize the stock.

4. Regarding special restrictions: Until we receive classification from ATF, we are unable to determine.

5. Regarding storing the product assembled: Again, until we receive classification from ATF, we are unable to determine.

I hope this answers your questions for now. As we determine the facts, we will post them on our web site. Thank you for you interest in our products and your patience as we await final answers. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at www.ematactical.com

Note: I am not the ATF, nor do I play one on tv.  The following is just my opinion.

Considering that this product does not and cannot fire rounds by itself, it is not a firearm and cannot be considered a firearm.  It's just an accessory –– similar products have existed / do exist.  

This product is similar to other products that add stocks to weapons –– e.g.:

However, by adding this accessory to your pistol, you DO, in fact, convert your pistol into a short barreled rifle.  As such, you will need to register your pistol with and receive the appropriate NFA tax stamp from the ATF.  This means that if you remove your pistol from this product, to carry it concealed, for instance, you must still carry a copy of the NFA tax stamp with you at all times.  Not really that big of an issue, I just get mine shrunk down (to about the size of a baseball card) and laminated and can keep them in my wallet/bag/truck/etc.

Now, while I've never put my hands on one (but hope to, at some point), it looks much nicer than most of the other similar products out there and I do like the idea of a separate charging handle and rails for optics/sights.

Considering all of the above, I would personally prefer to purchase/use a handgun dedicated for this accessory and carry my current pistol for concealed carry.  This way there's no confusion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes for EMA:

The term "assault rifle" has a specific meaning –– fully automatic fire.  I suggest, if I may, that you use a different term like sub-gun or something equivalent.  And specifically call out that this product does not enable/provide full automatic fire capabilities –– remove all question from potential buyers and law enforcement agencies.  

I really hope you guys do a model for the springfield XD and design it such that it will accept EITHER the service (4" barrel) or the tactical (5" barrel) models.  From the sample images for the "coming soon" xd-kit, it looks like only 4" models will fit.  Rather disappointing as I prefer the 5" models, myself.

Good luck w/ your new product.

Snootch.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd rather have the HERA.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By osprey21:

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:05:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wganz] [#25]
Originally Posted By Snootchie_Bootchies:
However, by adding this accessory to your pistol, you DO, in fact, convert your pistol into a short barreled rifle.  As such, you will need to register your pistol with and receive the appropriate NFA tax stamp from the ATF. We're in full agreement here. This means that if you remove your pistol from this product, to carry it concealed, for instance, you must still carry a copy of the NFA tax stamp with you at all times.  Not really that big of an issue, I just get mine shrunk down (to about the size of a baseball card) and laminated and can keep them in my wallet/bag/truck/etc. I'm not sure if that is a legal requirement but is such common sense that one should act like it is.

Considering all of the above, I would personally prefer to purchase/use a handgun dedicated for this accessory and carry my current pistol for concealed carry.  This way there's no confusion.

My concern is for those people that don't have a duplication here. On another forum, a poster said that he got a letter when he inquired about another competing product that he had to have that stock with him at all times when it was out of his house and would have to be stored attached. He did not post a pdf with his personal info redacted so I cannot vouch for this. Even if he did, the letter would only apply to the addressee. That is why I was wanting to have the company's counsel get a determination from the ATF on what weird restrictions that they would have on it.

I respectfully request that mentioning or linkage to other products be kept out of this thread unless for specific clarification like Snootchie did for the same reason we don't step on threads in the EE.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 2:04:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I may be mistaken, but... In Florida, you cannot conceal carry NFA items. Which would mean, if your (let's say) Glock 17 Serial # ABC123 is registered as a short bbl rifle; you cannot carry your Glock 17 S# ABC123 because it's considered a short bbl rifle, regardless of if you have your tax stamp with you or whether it has the stock attached. Same goes for suppressed guns, or suppressors, and things like a Serbu Super Shorty. Just some food for thought. May not even be relevant to this.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't see how it could possibly enhance accuracy other than the stability offered by the stock and vertical grip as it doesn't seem to have a barrel like the Mech-tec carbine. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that dodad that looks like a FH on the front looks more like a poly choke from my old model 12 winny.
Link Posted: 5/2/2010 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#28]
400 bucks-REALLY? I'd rather get another AK.
Link Posted: 6/16/2010 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#29]
this makes my wiener hurt
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Tapco is gonna be all over there, does it come in pink?
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 2:38:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I would really like to know what the ATF has classified this product? Is it considered a short carbine or what?
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#32]

What's up with the optic??? Look's like a EoTech with laser...mounted backward....LOL
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 2:34:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By SignManIam:

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=16404

What's up with the optic??? Look's like a EoTech with laser...mounted backward....LOL

It looks like a backwards MARS.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Put a Beretta in it and call it macaroni.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#35]
It's cool looking, but doesn't it just make your glock bulkier?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By LOMartin:

Originally Posted By osprey21:

Just checked it out on youtube. The guy shooting got a stovepipe in the first 30 shots. Seems like the housing around the slide would catch ejected rounds and make this an annoying problem.

Link Posted: 9/18/2010 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JonnyVain:
Put a Beretta in it and call it macaroni.

now I have to dry my keyboard
Link Posted: 9/28/2010 11:37:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MakoDefense] [#38]
Link Posted: 10/8/2010 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#39]
any legal updates? interested
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Very true. Can't wait to get this piece of equipment for my glock. Looks nice although I highly doubt it can ever match the machinery of a real rifle but never the less something to think about if you are in need of a rifle and can't fight your way back to one with just a pistol.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Hey all, I'm new here to the site, but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this Roni "upper" for the Glock?
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#42]
However, by adding this accessory to your pistol, you DO, in fact, convert your pistol into a short barreled rifle. As such, you will need to register your pistol with and receive the appropriate NFA tax stamp from the ATF. This means that if you remove your pistol from this product, to carry it concealed, for instance, you must still carry a copy of the NFA tax stamp with you at all times

you are not required to carry the stamp.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Cool idea. However, there is very limited space to engrave your glock properly and have your name/address visible at all times.
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Why not just make a 16" barrel for it, then no worries about the SBR part.
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
wouldn't that be considered an SBR?

adding a stock to a pistol.

Yeah, I was thinking that too.....might be why they put "all NFA rules apply" in there in small print.  Either way, good enough idea and all, but it doesn't really fill a role for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top