Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 3:29:22 PM EDT
I picked up this ISSC M22 "target" yesterday for $150.00. By the date on the tool packet it was made in 2012. 5.5" ported barrel. One mag.

The guy I got it from told me that he had issues getting it to run. I asked him what ammo he tried in it and he said Rem. Golden Bullets as it was all he could get at the time.....I just smiled and payed him.

I took it home and cleaned it and polished the feed ramp and chamber. This morning I took it down to my range. I had some CCI Standard in my range bag so I took along some CCI Mini Mag solids and HPs and some 80s vintage Winchester Super-X.

The CCI Mini-mag solids/HPs and Super-X did just fine.  No issues. The CCI Standard worked but rendered the pistol a single action, not quite enough ass to cock the hammer. That said it did feed/eject but you had to pull the hammer back for each shot.

My 15 yard groups were very respectable from the bench (minute of squirrel head) but far from "target" pistol results. Sights are windage adjustable and I understand you can get different height front sights.

The one thing I did do last evening was to use some blue loctite on the screw that holds the compensator onto the barrel so it would dry before taking it to the range as I read where they can work loose. The down side is that you have to remove the compensator to strip and clean the pistol.

I'm not sure what the barrel porting accomplishes other than making the pistol louder than it needs to be.

I figure I got my $150.00 worth but with mags being so expensive I wanted to test it out before ordering extras.

I don't care so much about it being fashioned a "Glock Trainer" but it would make a decent field .22.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the M22 with extended & threaded barrel. Standard length slide.

Many of these had a factory defect in the slide. There is a relief area in the slide to provide room for the extractor to move. This relief was too shallow for reliable function. This meant that often you could not extract unfired ammo by hand cycling the slide. Likewise, since the extractor was not gripping the case rim, ejection was due purely to back pressure making the gun less than reliable.

I bought mine fully aware of the recall - as it was a 15 minute fix* for me to do in a full machine shop. Upon re-assembly I test fired with several types of ammo (no can) and all functioned 100%.  Its a really nice gun fun to shoot.

Extra mags can be ordered direct from ATi. I ordered up a 6 pack for myself.

Enjoy.

* There are plenty of videos on Youtube that detail the fix.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked one up a year or two ago PSA had them for about $200 shipped. Mine works well as long as fed good ammo, which isnt a problem I  usually buy CCI and S-X as well. Its ok for a cheap plinker/beater. More sensitive then my M&P C when it comes to cleaning start getting malfunctions after a couple hundred rounds w/o cleaning.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Fatal flaw:

The takedown block is fragile, which can lead to the slide coming off during firing when it breaks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top