Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2017 9:35:22 AM EDT
Curious about how reliable they are if they are ammo sensitive?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a full sized one with an outback 2 on it. Runs everything I put in it.
Have used all kinds of subs also, never had a problem and have had it for several
years. Finally got around to cleaning it a few months ago.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#2]
If you get one of the M&P's made by Walther you are good to go!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you get one of the M&P's made by Walther you are good to go!
View Quote
Unless you want replacement parts.

I have two full size M&P22 pistols and one compact. I've shot the snot out of one of the full size models and called S&W to get a replacement recoil spring (since they aren't sold anywhere else) and was basically told that they didn't have any and weren't sure when they might get any in, but that he would put one on backorder for me. That was several months ago and I haven't gotten any notice nor received anything - which reminds me that I need to give them a call again. 

As to the OP's question - both the full size and compact work quite well.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have two full size M&P22 pistols and one compact. I've shot the snot out of one of the full size models and called S&W to get a replacement recoil spring (since they aren't sold anywhere else) and was basically told that they didn't have any and weren't sure when they might get any in, but that he would put one on backorder for me. That was several months ago and I haven't gotten any notice nor received anything - which reminds me that I need to give them a call again. 

View Quote
It was sounding good untill that

I don't want to end up with no support later on down the road........ Where i'm at with my pre 2k buckmarks.
I'm assuming S&W is going to keep them going since they are touting the lifetime service thing now.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Buy the Walther PPQ then!

It has a better trigger anyway!

And the Walther spring is the same in the full size! order one from them!
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the m&p compact, eats everything I've fed it so far even shittier remington and winchester. Only issue I've had was the screw for the rearsight came out on its own, called S&W said they would send one right out, sent me some set screw, called again and they got it right the 2nd time. Oh the wrench they give you for the thread adapter is flimsy and the adapter is on so tight from the factory I thought I was going to snap it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It was sounding good untill that

I don't want to end up with no support later on down the road........ Where i'm at with my pre 2k buckmarks.
I'm assuming S&W is going to keep them going since they are touting the lifetime service thing now.
View Quote
S&W makes the 22 compact, Walther the full size one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I appreciate all the info.

The compact is actually the one i'm interested in.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#9]
The wife has the Compact. Perfectly reliable with anything standard pressure on up. Also works good with subsonics and suppressor ammo.

I shoot it suppressed on occasion. It's alright.
20170318_160114 (1) by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Well i found a compact to handle today.

I will most likely end up with one just have to decide what in my collection must go.

Thanks for the input on function.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine should be here on Tuesday.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got the m&p compact, eats everything I've fed it so far even shittier remington and winchester. Only issue I've had was the screw for the rearsight came out on its own, called S&W said they would send one right out, sent me some set screw, called again and they got it right the 2nd time. Oh the wrench they give you for the thread adapter is flimsy and the adapter is on so tight from the factory I thought I was going to snap it.
View Quote
I snapped 3 wrenches trying to get mine off. Gun is back at smith and Wesson now getting looked at.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I snapped 3 wrenches trying to get mine off. Gun is back at smith and Wesson now getting looked at.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not surprised at all, I've read about people snapping them before. I was going to buy one of the thicker aftermarket wrenches for it but I don't torque the shit out of it and havent had a problem since the first removal.

Check the tightness on the screw on the rear sight, had to get another from s&w cause mine fell out.

Those are the only 2 issues I've had with mine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:01:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not surprised at all, I've read about people snapping them before. I was going to buy one of the thicker aftermarket wrenches for it but I don't torque the shit out of it and havent had a problem since the first removal.

Check the tightness on the screw on the rear sight, had to get another from s&w cause mine fell out.

Those are the only 2 issues I've had with mine.
View Quote
Can you link to the better wrench? I couldn't get mine off from the factory. Never got a chance to over tighten it 
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can you link to the better wrench? I couldn't get mine off from the factory. Never got a chance to over tighten it 
View Quote
https://www.ewkarms.com/zen8/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=198
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the M&P 22 compact. It shoots everything I put in it and is pretty accurate for what it is. At 8 yards it will keep them in a 1.5" to 2" group if you do your share, especially if I use my laser sight. Here is a pic with my suppressor.

Link Posted: 1/4/2018 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a compact and like it. They do tend to have really crummy barrels. The rifling looks like it was cut using a clothes hanger. The poor rifling has been documented by numerous owners and brought to the attention of S&W and they have yet to fix it. Some people have sent them back for warrenty repair because the barrels were bad. The barrels that S&W replaces them with was not better.

Since they have poor rifling they tend to lead quickly. Once they become leaded they stop stabilizing bullets and like myself end up with a baffle strike. SiCo made it right. Ended up cleaning the absolute crap out of it. Used the 50/50 mix to eat the lead out using a rubber glove and all has been fine.

I now clean mine every 4-500 rounds. Accuracy is ok once kept clean.

Will post pics once I get to my computer. Just google M&P22c poor rifling you will see the complaints.

Found my old thread with pics.
M&P22c barrel leading thread.

Baffle strike due to leading of M&P22c

M&P22c chrono data
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top