Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2017 11:32:31 PM EDT
I purchased a big box of firearms related stuff a few days ago, Lots of black powder, shell casings, old WWI carbine rounds, all kinds shit..

As I am going through the box, I pull out a padded pouch and low and behold, there is a non working .22 rimfire 8 shot revolver.  I am looking it over and all functions except firing seem to work and it is in pretty good shape.

In looking it seems the firing pin may be broke in it, which I have seen on revolvers before.  As far as I can tell it is not the find of the century or anything, but a nice little compact pistol.

So I am trying to figure out if I can pick up a firing pin for it, here is what is engraved on the side:

"The Regent"  Firearms Int'l Corporation, Washington DC.

Cal ..22, Made in the USA

Anyone familiar with this gun?  Or if parts might still be able to be purchased for it?

Like I said, it is not in bad shape, not much in the way of wear, handgrip still looks like new, so it does not seem to have been fired much.

Any help anyone can provide I will be thankful for.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quick google provided this..... 

These sold for $12-$18 new. German parts assembled in the USA pot metal frame. Outlawed in '68 as a Saturday Night Special. They are known to not always fire in DA mode. 

Here is a part from numrich...   does the firing pin look like the link?   

Firing pin?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I spent an hour and a half watching a video by a gunsmith on how to tear this pistol down, clean and rebuild and I will be damned, he didn't cover taking out and replacing the firing pin!

Who in the hell tears a gun down for a rebuild and does not check and/or replace the firing pin!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top