Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2017 1:37:28 PM EDT
Will the new MK IV 22/45s accept standard 1911 grips. Looking at them today and noticed the grips on the gun have a small cut out for the ambi safety. Just wondering if they will work with standard 1911 gov sized grips.  

Wife is wanting one and I have some VZ grips that I was going to dress it up with. This will be a gift for mothers day.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the answer is yes but with minor fitting, probably around the Ruger's safety levers.

But tag for the the answer.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if they require ambi cut 1911 scales. Just looked at the VZ grips I have and they will not work just comparing them to the images on Rugers website. Looks as tho the slide release possibly has some sort of special cut.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I really don't know as l have a Mk ll with the standard frame.   But l really think I'll be picking up a Mk lV 22/45 Lite Weight around Xmas for the suppressor that's in jail, so I've been lob at them.  

I know the question has been brought up before but it look to me like a little fitting with a Dreml toll will be all it takes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I've already emailed VZ. They will not fit the mark IV. I'm sure you could modify them to fit. Email them and tell them you what a factory VZ set. More people ask they will eventually offer them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've already emailed VZ. They will not fit the mark IV. I'm sure you could modify them to fit. Email them and tell them you what a factory VZ set. More people ask they will eventually offer them.
View Quote
Talked to them at the NRA show they said at this time they are not making them but most likely will in the future.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]
If they are anything like the mk3 22/45  lite it will only take you a couple minutes with a file to make them work my wife wanted pink grips.......  i haven't done a set for a mk4 so take that for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I put a sheet of sandpaper on the bench and took the upper left corner off these 1911 grips in order to clear the knob.  You might notice the bottom right corner doesn't quite match up but that isn't as apparent until I point it out.  Sooner or later I'll sand it to match.  The right side grip is good to go as is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I traded my mk3 in for a mk4 this past weekend

today I tried to move my hogue rubber grips over. There is a bit more involved than just sanding down around the levers - I was able to complete that part.

but the studs that hold the grip screws have what looks like extra plastic around them instead of just a regular 1911 style threaded button in the frame.
I cant remember if this extra material was molded in to the frame or if it comes off.
I dont really feel like yanking the grips off again.

but its certainly mode involved than it was to fit the same grips on my mark 3, after I noticed the extra material I got tired of working on it and put everything up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top