Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2017 7:45:50 AM EDT
Is there much difference between the two if target shooting is not on the agenda, only plinking and head shooting squirrels out to 30yds ( scoped )?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a 41 until my divorce divestment.
That 41 was one of the most accurate handguns I've ever owned or shot.

A Buckmark is no 41.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Hammerli X-Esse

But, S&W 41 of the choices given.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
In 1991 I purchased a Browning Target and added a Action Arms Ultra dot after my S&W Model 41 was stolen.  I used it primarily for bulls-eye competition.  Both are very good pistols but the Browning price is less than half of the S&Ws price.  The Buckmark is a little lighter and has a rail if you add a scope.  The S&W cost more but also retain their value better than the Buckmark.  I recommend the Buckmark.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hammerli X-Esse

But, S&W 41 of the choices given.
View Quote

Just make sure the trigger guard is setup correctly.  Or buy it from Larry's guns.  However this is 100% a target gun and will not be as versatile a a 41 or a Buckmark.

I would say, for general shooting the Buckmark will likely work the best as it will be cheapest and will likely be as accurate if you do your part.  Most .22's these days are accurate enough for Bullseye shooting (<1.5 inch groups at 50 yards) as long as the shooter does their part and uses good ammo.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I've owned several 41's.  The trigger were outstanding, but I never found them any more accurate on average than some of my Rugers.  Of course the better trigger makes it easier to squeeze out that last bit of accuracy.  For hunting and plinking I'd go with a Ruger, but of the two choices mentioned, I'd save some money and go with the Browning.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've owned several 41's.  The trigger were outstanding, but I never found them any more accurate on average than some of my Rugers.  Of course the better trigger makes it easier to squeeze out that last bit of accuracy.  For hunting and plinking I'd go with a Ruger, but of the two choices mentioned, I'd save some money and go with the Browning.
View Quote

I plan on mounting a low power handgun scope and like to mount the optic as far forward as possible. With the Browning and 41, I can mount over the barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top