Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 12:09:20 PM EDT
Coordinating a race in a few weeks.
I do not have a .22 revolver.
Will these shoot through any kind of revolver? I have shot short through various older rifles without issue.
.22 Short Blanks
I am thinking about buying one of these. Just cause 
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/623562403
My question is will I have any issues with the .22 short? I really don't want to buy a starter gun.
Thanks!

ETA-I went and bought it at lunch today
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#1]
just a comment (I've started a lot of high school and Special Olympics races).... be sure the presence of a "firearm" is allowed st the race site....don't get into trouble for being a nice guy... I would check with the local high school and see if you might borrow a starter pistol that is incapable of firing a projectile... and the .22 blanks are not nearly as loud as the .32s or .38s (which are a lot more expensive)

ETA... sorry did not notice your ETA

ETA... if you are starting a timed race, black powder blanks are preferred to provide enough smoke that the starters can operate their watches on the smoke and not sound of the gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top