Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2017 10:03:05 AM EDT
Hello All,

I have a question for P22 owners.

I live in a ban state (P22 is legal as are suppressors) where threaded barrels are not. I have a Griffin Checkmate which utilizes a 3-lug QD attachment that can be pinned onto the ends of barrels, thus making them no longer threaded and circumventing the law.

My question: If I were the pin one of these on the end of a P22, would it be able to be broken down far enough to be able to clean and lube the gun  sufficiently?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the exact setup, just without the permanent attachment.
You would no longer be able to field strip it.
If I had no other options I would do it.
the barrels for those are not expensive.
To clean it I would just spray it out with brake cleaner or even submerge and brush with hot soapy water, they spray it down with CLP and wipe off excess.
You could still clean the bore from the front end.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.

I get it won't be able to be stripped completely, but would you be able to lift the slide up enough to get a qtip into the slide channels etc? The barrel can be cleaned easily enough but what else would I have to worry about. The barrel guide maybe? Spring?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't lift the slide or touch the takedown lever, that might get you into a situation, that you wouldn't be able to fix, because you can't take the slide off.
I would clean it with very hot water and dawn, right in the sink and use a toothbrush. Using hot water will heat up the gun and make it dry fairly quick. Then spray it down with aerosol CLP
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks again!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.

I get it won't be able to be stripped completely, but would you be able to lift the slide up enough to get a qtip into the slide channels etc? The barrel can be cleaned easily enough but what else would I have to worry about. The barrel guide maybe? Spring?
View Quote
You also wouldn't be able to change out the recoil spring.

If I were in your situation, I'd look at pinning a Buckmark or Mk2/3/4 before I pinned a P22.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks

I intend to pin many things. ha

I just bought a P22 in the EE. I don't think Ill suppress it after the replies here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top