Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2016 5:51:32 PM EDT
So I will have my Dead Air mask out of jail here in a month or so and I went out an picked up a mark III 22/45 10149. It has the pic rail stock on top. I am pretty set on a Vortex venom rds. What is the lowest way to mount this?

Would I be able to remove the pic rail for a lower profile rail? Also is the mount that comes with the venom the best way to mount it low? Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy this mount and it replaces the rear sight and is about as low as it can be mounted.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
There is also the Stormwerkz mount
This One
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Dco 3/187 here! Rakk on Brother.
I am doing the same thing while I wait for my YHM Stinger. I bought the Venom and it won't even mount on the supplied rail that came with my 22/45 lite.
I really didn't want to remove the rear sight though. I liked the idea of having BUIS in the event of a failed optic.
Reality is that this gun is a plinker/tree rat gun, so it isn't like it needs BUIS anyway.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#5]
People reported that burrs ff mount will fit a venom on the amazon.com reviews so I will try that. Optics planet gave me a good price on the venom but it's back ordered a month. Should get it bout the time my DA Mask comes to my door!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered the Burris on Saturday off Amazon. Between the Venom and Burris mount, with all the discounts and gift cards a had from work, I'm $35 out of pocket for what should have been a $260 purchase.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]
So I finally got around to mounting my venom with the recommended fastfire mount. It won't work because my 22 45 mark III model (10149) comes with a picatinny rail on top with 3 screws securing it. There is no dovetail.

Am I stuck with using the picatinny rail when mounting my vortex venom? I was hoping for something a little lower, but if this is as good as it gets I'm ok with it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#8]
You remove the rear sight from the dove tail. Is your rear sight not mounted in a dove tail?

Disregard, an image search shows your model has no rear sight. I have a different model with a rear sight and my install went as planned with the Burris FF mount.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I am kind of in the same boat. Looking at possibly getting a mount from CZ custom that they make for the evo scorpion. It looks like it may mount slightly lower than most mounts.

http://czcustom.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1/cz-scorpion-evo-rail-mount-ff3.html

(No idea if this will work as it looks like this mount indexs on the front and rear edges as opposed to using index pins like other mounts. Probably not a big deal on a 22 pistol, especially the ruger pistols where the site doesn't reciprocate on a slide.)

I would prefer to use a venom over the viper or ff3 as it looks like the window is a little lower.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I finally got around to mounting my venom with the recommended fastfire mount. It won't work because my 22 45 mark III model (10149) comes with a picatinny rail on top with 3 screws securing it. There is no dovetail.
View Quote
I have a PacLite upper on mine, and bought their rail for the top of it.  I have a Venom on order through Vortex's military pricing program, and I understand it comes with a mount included.  

What is the dovetail to which you refer?  Are you talking about the dovetail for the rear sight base?  

Wow, I just clicked on TacSol's website and they have complete pistols coming out?  That looks promising!

EDIT to add:  Pics of mine with the Venom atop.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is also the Stormwerkz mount
This One
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I just put a Vortex Venom on my MKII 5 1/2 in bull barrel using one of the mounts that replaces the rear sight and could nt be happier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top