Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2016 9:38:53 PM EDT
About to get a 22/45 Lite, threaded barrel, green anodized version for suppressor use, a Spectre II. What are some must have mods? The trigger wasn't too bad, I can bear it for now. Definitely want to get rid of the magazine safety and loaded chamber indicator. Are there any kits or sources where I can get everything all at once? Is there anything special i need to do prior to shooting besides a cleaning and lube? Thanks.

Also, is there any ammo to avoid? Such as hyper velocity or very low suppressor velocity ammo?

Cross posted in Ruger handguns.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Tandemkross is what you seek.Awesome company, great products. One stop shopping. They went above and beyond (including texting photos of the right install method) when I had an issue. Turns out I put my sear in backwards. Fantastic upgrades ore over stock. Well worth it. I did trigger, mag release, sling shot, and. loaded chamber indicator.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Definitely want to get rid of the magazine safety and loaded chamber indicator.

View Quote
I just took the magazine safety out, and didn't replace it with anything. It seems to run fine. The LCI can be modified by removing it then not replacing the metal piece and the spring. Locktight your front sight on.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tandemkross is what you seek.Awesome company, great products. One stop shopping. They went above and beyond (including texting photos of the right install method) when I had an issue. Turns out I put my sear in backwards. Fantastic upgrades ore over stock. Well worth it. I did trigger, mag release, sling shot, and. loaded chamber indicator.
View Quote

This is my suggestion look at Tandemkross just ordered the LCI removal, the hammer bushing, and slingshot kit from them.  To be honest though unless your in a super hurry I would wait for the 22/45 mark IV to be released. The Mark IV pistol already removed most of that stuff and the one button takedown is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. Is the sling shot mod really necessary? I prefer to hit the bolt release to keep continuity with my other handguns.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer Volquartsen parts, but that's just me. LCI filler, hammer, hammer bushing, trigger, spring loaded bolt hold open. I have their sear too but I thought it made the trigger pull mushy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I prefer Volquartsen parts, but that's just me. LCI filler, hammer, hammer bushing, trigger, spring loaded bolt hold open. I have their sear too but I thought it made the trigger pull mushy.
View Quote

Would you be interested in getting rid of the sear? if so IM me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I have a  shell of the lite too.

Tk slingshot
Tk bushing
Tk lci
Vorquerten trigger
Vorquerten sear
Tk pull knob
Tk +1 bumpers
+1 mag followers  (can't remember the name)
Kidd extractor
1911 g10 grips
Tacsol axiom
Fastfire 3 with rear sight mount
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. Is the sling shot mod really necessary? I prefer to hit the bolt release to keep continuity with my other handguns.
View Quote

It is recommended that you don't use the bolt release the same as your normal handgun because it will wear the release out.  Even TK says the same with their slingshot replacement bolt realease.  They use better steel too.

I love the slingshot on mine
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=92087

Tk slingshot

Tk bushing

Tk lci

Vorquerten trigger

Vorquerten sear

Tk pull knob

Tk +1 bumpers

Kidd extractor

1911 g10 grips

Tacsol axiom

View Quote

I really like that rear sight red dot mount. Are they available in other hole patterns? I was thinking of getting a Vortex Viper.

EDIT:

On second thought. Is there any method to mount eother the Vortex or Burris while retaining the rearsight, either with a lower 1/3rd or absolute cowitness?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It is recommended that you don't use the bolt release the same as your normal handgun because it will wear the release out.  Even TK says the same with their slingshot replacement bolt realease.  They use better steel too.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll just remember to pull the bolt back before I ease the release down.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Is there any kind of device that locks the bolt? For suppressed use, it should eliminate action noise. Basically make it into a single shot on occasion if I'm feeling like a secret agent.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Your thumb?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I really like that rear sight red dot mount. Are they available in other hole patterns? I was thinking of getting a Vortex Viper.

EDIT:

On second thought. Is there any method to mount eother the Vortex or Burris while retaining the rearsight, either with a lower 1/3rd or absolute cowitness?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=92087

Tk slingshot
Tk bushing
Tk lci
Vorquerten trigger
Vorquerten sear
Tk pull knob
Tk +1 bumpers
Kidd extractor
1911 g10 grips
Tacsol axiom

EDIT:

Nothing is to cowitness the sight with normal sights.  The lowest mount is the one that removes the rear sight like the one I have.   If you buy a vorquerten upper (scorpion?) the rail built in the barrel you have a better chance but your buying a $1000 gun versus a $300 gun
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Rimfire.com
There are pages and pages of 22/45 info there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#15]
The bolt release shouldn't be used on any handgun to release the slide, not just the 22/45. Two reasons one is excessive wear on the slide catch. The seond reason is in a self defense situation fine motor skills go to crap, hitting that little lever is a fine motor skill, grabbing the slide and sling shotting it is a gross motor skill which will still work under stress.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The bolt release shouldn't be used on any handgun to release the slide, not just the 22/45. Two reasons one is excessive wear on the slide catch. The seond reason is in a self defense situation fine motor skills go to crap, hitting that little lever is a fine motor skill, grabbing the slide and sling shotting it is a gross motor skill which will still work under stress.
View Quote

This is a bit off topic but I'll bite. On handgun designs BESIDES the 22/45, you may have a valid point about slide catch wear, however they are cheap parts and would be part of your PMCS. But your second point many trainers and myself disagree on.

Would you say pulling the trigger is a fine motor skill? Or disengaging a safety such as one found on a 1911? It is. You have just engrained that neural pathway through repetitions. Using the slide release is no different than taking a safey off or pulling the trigger. It's a matter of training. I am much faster hitting the slide lock than I am slingshotting the slide.

Until recently I was a marksmanship instructor in the Marine Corps. I taught my students to use the slide release on their M9 service pistols because it's faster and with that particular design, the slide mounted safety, it's horribly easy to decock the hammer and put it on safe. I have seen several students that would do a drill, speed reload, slingshot and come back on target to a slack trigger and stupid look on their face.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Got to shoot it yesterday. Didn't like Mini Mags at first, getting caught up on the feed ramp. After about 80 rounds it settled down and had no troubles afterward. I already have Tandemkross trigger combo ordered.

Targets at 25 yards.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm thinking of at least doing the Volquartsen sear.  I dislike the trigger pull, but the rest of the gun seems fine.

Is there a great benefit to getting the TK upgrade package - Sear, Hammer, Trigger?

Or should I just try the sear first.  I actually like the feel of the stock trigger, but it is just the pull that is long and feels very sloppy and crunchy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:32:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'm thinking of at least doing the Volquartsen sear.  I dislike the trigger pull, but the rest of the gun seems fine.

Is there a great benefit to getting the TK upgrade package - Sear, Hammer, Trigger?

Or should I just try the sear first.  I actually like the feel of the stock trigger, but it is just the pull that is long and feels very sloppy and crunchy.
View Quote

I will let you know Tuesday! I have the Tandemkross trigger combo ordered. It contains the Victory trigger, and Volquartsen sear and hammer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#20]
On my 22/45, I've made the following mods:
-Removed the LCI and replaced with a TK filler
-Removed the magazine safety and replaced the hammer bushing with a TK unit
-Added the TK slingshot mod
-Added extended bumpers to the magazines so my hand doesn't get pinched during reloads.  
-Polished various OEM FCG parts using a Dremel and some Flitz.  I really like how my trigger feels, and it cost me 20 cents worth of Flitz.  As you detail strip the pistol, examine how the FCG parts interact and you'll know what to polish.  

The mod everyone should do is remove the mag safety.  It makes field stripping much easier, makes mags eject better, and improves the trigger feel.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I will let you know Tuesday! I have the Tandemkross trigger combo ordered. It contains the Victory trigger, and Volquartsen sear and hammer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Forgot to update this. Parts all came in. The upgrades are very worth it. Measured trigger pull is 1.5lbs and with over travel and pretravel screws adjusted correctly the trigger is pretty good. I did the sling shot mod on my own by taking out the detent. It has made the gun quite incredible.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#22]
You may already know, but you probably shouldn't run Aguila SSS 60 grn through your suppressor.  You might get baffle strikes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You may already know, but you probably shouldn't run Aguila SSS 60 grn through your suppressor.  You might get baffle strikes.
View Quote

I have read that before, thank you for the reminder. I haven't seen any locally and I'm happy with just bulk pack stuff. The barrel length keeps it subsonic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top