Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2016 10:15:10 PM EDT
So, last time I disassembled and cleaned my Buckmark, I used blue loctite same as always. This time it did not crack loose. I stripped out the hex hole attempting to disassemble. I went and bought a new easy-out like device to get the rear rail screw out. I have a Tactical Solutions pic rail and screws. This is my first time taking it apart with the new screws and rail. Tactical Solutions tech support was busy all day. Have any of you encountered this?
I am a little apprehensive about drilling out the hex screw hole to allow the device to do it's thing. If it goes south..........
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks.  Are you sure it's completely stripped?  In my experience, the allen key takes more damage than the screw.  I'd try it with a new allen wrench and using heat this time.  I'm not familiar with the easy-out tool so can't comment there.  I know that heat can help break free Loctite.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sucks.  Are you sure it's completely stripped?  In my experience, the allen key takes more damage than the screw.  I'd try it with a new allen wrench and using heat this time.  I'm not familiar with the easy-out tool so can't comment there.  I know that heat can help break free Loctite.
View Quote

Yea, the hex hole is nice and round now. I have new screws coming in the mail, and the aftermarket rail mfg. has said they will remove the screw with the proper machinery (drill press) for free if I send it to them. I will do that if I am not successful with the easy-out. I have used the easy outs on lots of other stuff, just not on a screw loctited into an aluminum frame of a gun. The loctited front screw came right out of the stainless barrel just like the last dozen times. I have a small drill press, but it is not tall enough to do the job, and uses a hand drill rigged into a press.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top