Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2016 12:15:54 PM EDT
I have 22/45 that needs to go back to Ruger, the rear sight has a pin that holds in on, that keeps coming loose, Ruger said they have to replace the sight, I tried to get them to send me the sight so I could replace it my self. I have sight removal tool. They told me no that I had to send it back to them for them to replace it. I have done some modifications to my 22/45 Mk III like a LCI delete, MKII bushing, and sling shot bolt catch. Will they try to remove any of the modifications if I send it back? Should put all the factory parts back in first?

They also only use FedEX, and FedEX will only take firearms at their Hub, which happens to be 2 hrs away, but that's another issue.

I would just replace the sights but I don't really feel like spending $50 on new sights, when other than the pin sliding out with recoil work fine for me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I might think that Ruger could start messing about if you send them a gun with parts that did not come from them . In a way I can see that from their viewpoint it could be a liability issue.

It is also a tricky question to ask .

With the PITA factor of having to swap the parts back in and your difficulties in shipping I am thinking it is going to be easier to fix it yourself.

When I have parts that are moving about that shouldn't be moving (firearms or other stuff) I generally will raise a small burr with a punch or put a bit of silicone caulk on it.
I like the caulk because it has pretty good adhesion but I can still take it apart if need be without having to heat it like loctite .

Yeah Ruger should be fixing it but it you do it yourself you will be done and never have to loose use of the gun when it is out of your paws
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got one of these myself and did the TandomKross performance upgrade kit. I can't wait to take it out and run some rounds through it.

As for your question regarding the parts being replaced at the factory, i don't know.  If you only send the upper receiver minus the bolt the only thing they would have a chance to replace would be the LCI. Ship the stripped upper and it is lighter and smaller hence cheaper to ship. Just put it back together when you get the upper back from Ruger.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got one of these myself and did the TandomKross performance upgrade kit. I can't wait to take it out and run some rounds through it.

As for your question regarding the parts being replaced at the factory, i don't know.  If you only send the upper receiver minus the bolt the only thing they would have a chance to replace would be the LCI. Ship the stripped upper and it is lighter and smaller hence cheaper to ship. Just put it back together when you get the upper back from Ruger.
View Quote

They already told me they want the whole gun plus a magazine.  I said why do you need the whole gun your just changing sights. They said thats their polucy. The magazine better come back or i am going to be pissed. I will probably just swap the parts back and send it to them
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They already told me they want the whole gun plus a magazine.  I said why do you need the whole gun your just changing sights. They said thats their polucy. The magazine better come back or i am going to be pissed. I will probably just swap the parts back and send it to them
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, that puts that idea to rest. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd replace the pin.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the same problem. Took my pin out and bent it in the middle then put it back in. Hasn't moved since.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#7]
they yank parts if they are not factory. they send them back in a baggy.

been there done that.
put it back to stock before you send it in. or you will be doing it again anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top