Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2016 2:17:52 PM EDT
Went to Cabela's.  Only decent price .22LR they had was WW36HSHP in 333 bulk box.  Made in USA.  6 cents each, $19.99 a box.

Now I see why.

My Glock AA converter is usually near perfect with CCI MiniMag, CCI Blazer, and older Remington 40HSRN.  It choked on every round.  Each round fired.  No round ejected.  Most stuck in the chamber from case brass swelling.  It took a small screwdriver in the extractor cut to get them out.  A finger nail broke.  Some cases came out part way and made a double feed.  

Oh, well, who knows.  Right?   Wrong.

I then tried my Ruger SR22P which has here to fore fired perfectly any .22LR, good or crap, I fed it.  

With the WW36HP, even it would short stroke, not eject, have cases stick, and go bang bang bang bang pop with the WW36HP.  Most cycled OK due to the SR22P not caring, but even one in 10 is a PITA.

Avoid the WW36HPHS 333 box stuff.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 4:00:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Winchester USA rimfire is THE worse ammunition there is. I've had their 17 HMR ammo misfire about 10% of the time and their 22's fail to fire and eject in too many guns to count. The imported Australian Winchester is top notch however.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is junk.
I have had issues wityh it in every 22 rifle and pistol I own.
But
If it is all you can find ?

Fortunately for me I live in an area where I can find other options in 22 ammo
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a few of those hanging around. It sucks that us 22 shooters had to buy whatever was on the shelf at times. I have more 22 now than I have ever had. Wally World CCI 22 stock has been good lately. It might sit a while before I open another box of those 333 packs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Update:

The stuff is so damn bad that after a couple of cylinders, you cannot eject it from a Smith .22LR.  The cases expand and stick.

AND 5-7 of 100 didn't fire in a Perfect revolver.

J U N K
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
People used to say the Rem. Thunderbolts and Golden Bullets were the worst.  They were always great in my guns, but all I have it Rem. .22 ammo that is 10 yeas old, or more.

I remember Win. Wildcats not being worth a darn in my rifle, that was 35 to 40 years ago though.  Maybe it's better, these days.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Remington thunderbolts and anything Winchester tie for worst 22 ammo around. And keep in mind bulk pack anything is the lowest quality control stuff pushed out the door. I am a CCI fan and try to buy good quality stuff like CCI standard velocity which is about the best compromise in cost and accuracy. Mini Mags are a good option for high velocity and federal has not been bad either.
When I want maximal performance sad to say, but European made ammo gets the vote there
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
How bad?  Did a test.

S&W M43 8 shot Airweight left dirty exactly as above WW36HP stuck and misfired.

Shot cylinders of WW36HP 50 boxed .22LR from 2014.  Extracted as normally the M43 does and every round fired.

Shot cylinders of CCI Velocitor 40RN.  All fired and quite a few cases simply fell out before the rest ejected easily.

The current bulk WW36HP is plainly quantifiable junk head to head with itself.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Win white box ammo has developed such a bad rep that I wouldn't take them if they were free.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Win white box ammo has developed such a bad rep that I wouldn't take them if they were free.  
View Quote
Even theirs and Federal's centerfire ammo is really starting to suck and blow.

Which sucks.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Same here. I get "light strike" failure in my Buckmark. I discovered that I have 5 or 6 the 333 packs. No problems with other caliber WWB ammo.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#11]
After the WW36HP crapola ammo failing in:

-AA Glock converter simply sticking every round
-SR22P, poor but almost useful, failing maybe 1/10 rounds
-S&W 43 sticking 8 in the cylinder so bad not ejectable without hurting hand with misfires
-S&W 63 sticking 6 so bad had to bang ejection rod on a picnic table AND some not even entering chambers the last 1/4" AND with misfires
-Ruger standard model messing up feed/eject cycle due to low power

I finally found something that WORKS with the WW36HP crap if you have some that you have to get rid of somehow usefully.

I was going to throw it away, but couldn't figure out how to throw it away.  

So I tried my S&W AR15-22LR.

The AR15-22LR fired everyone of 125 rounds with a single failure to feed where a short stroked bolt caught the next round in the side of the case rather than behind the rim.  It should actually be called one low power round.

BUT note this is an AR15-22LR with the blue color Standard Velocity ammo operating spring rather than the bronze color standard High Speed operating spring.  There is more than one factory spring.

I did have fun doing Mozambique's with the AR15-22LR that has an EOTech on top.

But WW will not go into my magazines again except to get rid of this last 333.  NOT worth buying at any price.  Total PITA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top