Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2016 2:21:48 AM EDT
I have had my Ruger 22/45 for a few years and am just starting to really use it. I bought a Fastfire II site for it that included a Picatinny mount. I mounted the Ruger rail onto the pistol (I had to trim about 1/8 off the front to clear the Williams front sight I have installed).

When I fit the sight base to the rail, it doesn't seem to fit all the way down onto the rail. I think the cross-bolt is sitting too high in the slot in the rail...they seem very shallow compared to other rail slots.

Is this a "known issue" kind of thing? What's the best, fastest, cheapest fix? Deepen the slot? Flatten the bottom of the screw? Different rail?

Rob
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
What you have is a weaver rail. Order a picatinny rail and you'll be set. I have no idea why Ruger would include a weaver over a picatinny these days, but they do. I just purchased a new LITE model and had the same issue.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a mount for the 22/45 and removed the rear sight and pic/rail. works great and looks much better
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bought a mount for the 22/45 and removed the rear sight and pic/rail. works great and looks much better
View Quote

First reply is right, factory rail isn't picatinny spec, but I would do this ^ myself, and plan to.

Just look up Ruger MKIII FastFire mount if you haven't seen it, think it can be found around $30-$40
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have had my Ruger 22/45 for a few years and am just starting to really use it. I bought a Fastfire II site for it that included a Picatinny mount. I mounted the Ruger rail onto the pistol (I had to trim about 1/8 off the front to clear the Williams front sight I have installed).

When I fit the sight base to the rail, it doesn't seem to fit all the way down onto the rail. I think the cross-bolt is sitting too high in the slot in the rail...they seem very shallow compared to other rail slots.

Is this a "known issue" kind of thing? What's the best, fastest, cheapest fix? Deepen the slot? Flatten the bottom of the screw? Different rail?

Rob
View Quote

The owners manual will tell you the mount includered is a weaver mount.  There is a picatinney rail available at shop ruger dot com.  Threaded barrel versions of the 22/45 like the Lite come with the picatinney rail installed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I did this a couple years ago and love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top