Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 6:59:26 PM EDT
Are the 22/45 mags the same for the Mark II and Mark III ? Also are the ones from MecGar good in the 22/45 ? They're half the price of the Ruger marked mags .
Thanks in advance .
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest, I've often wondered if they are the same.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Mk III mags will work in a Mk II, but Mk IIs will not work in a III.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mk III mags will work in a Mk II, but Mk IIs will not work in a III.
View Quote

I use my MK 2 mags in my MK3 all the time. If I don't my MK3 is a jam o matic.

ETA: I have no mods to my MK3 Fire Control Group. Still has the Magazine disconnect intact.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the mecgars and they work fine.
I have a mark II and use the mark III mags.
The only difference I see is a weird bump I guess for the mag disconnect. And the base plate is thinner.

they work in my ultimate clip loader just the the 2 factory ones I have.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are the 22/45 mags the same for the Mark II and Mark III ? Also are the ones from MecGar good in the 22/45 ? They're half the price of the Ruger marked mags .
Thanks in advance .
View Quote

I don't think that the 22/45 mags will in a mk II or III.

I can't address MecGar mags
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I use mkii 22/45 mags in my mkiii 22/45 all the time and the reverse works also.

I do have my magazine disconnect out of my mkiii 22/45 and a different trigger installed. Mkiii mags have a slot milled in them that the mkiii trigger interacts with to make sure they are seated all the way when the trigger is pulled. Sometimes this can cause problems with unmilled mkiii mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top