Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2016 5:59:21 PM EDT
This old High Standard has seen many a bullseye competition back in the '70's and '80's...

I purchased a replacement slide from Texas high standard (may the everlasting fuck be upon them) and it was built without the cut in the slide for the extractor. I had to have a skilled gunsmith machine the slide out to get it back running... The old slide was completely worn out (the slides for the .22 short are made from a light metal alloy - I swear this one was pot metal...) May the double fuck be upon texas high standard for not even wanting to acknowledge the pictures I sent of the incorrectly milled slide and the worn out one...

shoots great now - I just ran 200 rounds of assorted CCI .22 short through it. 25 feet groups in a dime...
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a feeling the new "High Standard" was a bunch of doofuses.  Glad to see that you got her up to snuff.  Gorgeous pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top