Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2016 6:50:23 PM EDT
But what I prefer to the SR22s and the M&P offerings.

This thing is heavy but very solid, unlike the plastic and aluminum guns currently sold today.

Anyone love these old Mark IIs?

(Don't have an actual pic yet but this will do)

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That's just to sweet. What kind of shape is yours in?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Back on father's Day the governor of my state requested we honor our fathers by not buying any semi auto firearms .
Biggest gun day ever!

I stopped in at my local shop that isn't open on Sundays (who had opened just for the Gov!) and bought a fairly nice Standard (predates the Mark I ) with the short
tapered barrel.

I like them . Dumb size for the most part to carry around but a great range and plinking gun
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Love the Mark series!  I have a mid-90's production Gov't model for pinshooting.  Still have the ginormous same era ProPoint 3 on it.  Things a tack driver!

Recently picked up a Mk III 22/45 Lite to be a suppressor host.  It's also very nice!  I thought about going with something different, like a M&P 22, for example, but the Mk III was cheaper than pretty much any of the other threaded options, and well... I know it is quality, will last, is accurate and dependable, etc.

This makes me realize I do not have a pic of the two of them together.  I will have to remedy that!
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Back in the day when the all Stainless MKII version came out (5.5" Bbl.) I purchased one brand new.

Great pistol, giant PITA to reassemble after cleaning and oiling the pistol for regular maintenance.

It was reliable and had a great trigger pull/feel though...

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a stainless (nickel?) Mark I that was inherited. Fun occasional plinker
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Back in the day when the all Stainless MKII version came out (5.5" Bbl.) I purchased one brand new.

Great pistol, giant PITA to reassemble after cleaning and oiling the pistol for regular maintenance.

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/18877/18254118_5.jpg?v=8D0C39032DA8A90
View Quote

I have this exact same gun. Great trigger, very accurate, has been reliable with everything I have put through it, until it gets VERY dirty, then it will FTFeed. A quick cleaning (and I will wholeheartedly agree, PITA to strip and reassemble) and it goes right back to boring reliability. Great gun. The problem is, my 12 YOA daughter likes it more than I do. I will probably be giving it to her for Christmas. At least it's still in the family.

Bub75
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I love the Mark series.  I have a mid-90's Mark II Gov't setup for Pins with a big ol' Tasco ProPoint 3 dot sight on it.  And, I recently picked up a Mk III 22/45 Lite to be a host for my Sparrow suppressor.  Great guns, reliable, accurate, built to last a few generations.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I love the Mark series.  I have a mid-90's Mark II Gov't setup for Pins with a big ol' Tasco ProPoint 3 dot sight on it.  And, I recently picked up a Mk III 22/45 Lite to be a host for my Sparrow suppressor.  Great guns, reliable, accurate, built to last a few generations.
View Quote

did you forget you posted in this thread?

I learnd on a mk1, picked up a MK3 hunter when I had the chance. started with all of the "tactical" 22s of the time and ended up going with the mark line like I knew I should have to start with.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/18877/18254118_5.jpg?v=8D0C39032DA8A90
View Quote

Took me a while to find one of those for the right price and LOVE it!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Mk II's are old school!?!?!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got one just like it only with the 5.5 inch barrel. It shoots way better than I do. Some say the MKII is more desirable because it doesn't come with the loaded chamber indicator and mag disconnect which some people remove from their MK3's.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice pistol- you must be very young- things in my book do not get old school qualifications unless designed prior to World War Two.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Get a speed strip to aid in cleaning.  Made by Majestic Arms and easy to install and easier to clean.  I shoot mine suppressed so I clean it relatively more often.  

For those of you that don't mind breaking down the Ruger Mark 22 series for cleaning, good for you.  This suggestion wasn't meant for you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I love my Mk II 22/45 except having to strip/ reassembling the damn thing after shooting.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Love mine...love it even more after putting it on a MkIII lower.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Just like the OP, nothing new on the market interests me so a few months ago I found this sweet little piece in a central-Phoenix gun shop;

1981 Standard Model (I don't think it was called the Mk I until later after the Mk II came out)

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:23:26 AM EDT
[#18]

MKII

MKII Big 10 INCH

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:32:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mk II's are old school!?!?!
View Quote

+1.  I was thinking original High Standard HD, Colt Woodsman or an original Whitney Wolverine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I always liked Ruger guns and though the original standard was neat because it was the first gun the company made and Bill Ruger created it by adapting one of the hand crank drills he was producing before the company made guns.  One interesting fact was they didn't actually make the Mags for the original standards.  They bought High Standard .22 mags and lopped off the bottoms and welded on a different base that worked with the angle of the grips they were using on the hand drills.

http://i.imgur.com/yxktFXBl.jpg

I looked around for a good deal on a 6" standard and this 1957 model popped up cheap on gunbroker.
http://i.imgur.com/muvjNs6l.jpg
The custom grips have craps dice inlet into them one side reads 7 and the other 11.  The gun shows quite a bit of finish wear but I only paid $160 something so I was very happy with it.
http://i.imgur.com/aWktdhUl.jpg
I stopped into a local shop and scored this holster off the junk table for $5.  Got it home and looked it up and it was the exact holster for a 6" Standard and it has the perfect amount of wear to match the gun.
http://i.imgur.com/CJGhtVgl.jpg
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 4:41:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine has taken its fair share of jackrabbits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top